Job Number: nest-00030580
Nestle Purina PetCare Company
Relocation: Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
SOURCING CANDIDATES FROM LOCAL MARKETS ONLY (DENVER & SURROUNDING AREAS).
NO RELOCATION BENEFITS AVAILABLE.
MUST BE WILLING TO WORK ON CALL SUPPORT HOURS AND HOLIDAYS
The PC Technical Specialist is responsible for providing intermediate to advanced technical support for systems users including troubleshooting complex hardware, software and/or network problems. They are responsible for deploying and maintaining to an intermediate/advanced degree all plant Servers, PC's, and Networking equipment, while maintaining maximum uptime in a petfood manufacturing environment.
1. Provide an intermediate to advanced level of technical support for all systems under the employees area of responsibility, effectively and efficiently while addressing the majority of all systems issues with very minimal supervision.
2. Design, plan, implement and maintain systems upgrades and enhancements in accordance with division standards.
3. Assess the needs of end-users and department personnel, evaluate alternatives, and make recommendations of hardware and software to solve issues and improve efficiency.
4. Research, implement and maintain procedures for backup and recovery of plant-wide systems.
5. Build and maintain all production and warehouse critical systems while providing excellent end-user technical and business support for all plant systems.
6. Take initiative to accept new responsibilities and challenges and continuously grow technical skills and IT industry knowledge.
7. Maintain supplies and parts inventory (including purchasing).
8. Maintain audit records of plant software/hardware.
9. Document and maintain logs for all issues resolved to enhance future resolution times.
10. Perform 24/7 on-call support through a rotation with other members of the team.
11. Assume all other duties as assigned by the reporting Manager.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Continually upgrade technological and personal skills through advanced training and certifications.
2. Provide solutions and training to end-users' hardware and software questions.
3. Develop and train the other team members as needed.
4. Take on the responsibilities of and assist the Network Administrator as needed.
5. Take on the responsibilities of and assist the Database Administrator as needed
6. Take on the responsibilities of and assist the Security Administrator as needed
*Bachelor Associate's degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems equivalent work related experience.
* Minimum 2+ recent years in Systems Administrator position providing end user computer hardware and software technical support.
* IS/IT Certifications are preferred, examples may include but are not limited to A+, Network+, CCNA, MCP, MCSA or MCSE.
* Candidates must be willing to work on-call, off-shift, and weekend work as necessary.
At least 2 years Systems Administrator experience to include both network and database experience. Intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience in client/server operations, hardware maintenance and user support operations. Knowledge of standard business functions (SAP, Purchasing, Order Entry, Accounting, etc.) Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Nestle - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Nestlé is the world's largest food and nutrition company. Founded and headquartered in Vevey, Switzerland, Nestlé originated...