Performs General Security Guard support duties under the Hospital providing a safe and secure environment to prevent theft, vandalism, and illegal entry. Coordinates all Security activities with primary focus on Customer Service both internal and external.
1. Exceptional Customer Service skills.
2. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to deal effectively with various individuals in stressful, highly sensitive situations. Ability to work effectively with people of all social, economic, and cultural backgrounds.
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling.
4. Ability to exercise sound judgment in unusual situations and in involvement with aggressive and violent psychiatric patients, visitors and intruders.
5. Ability to speak fluently in English and Spanish preferred.
A. Work Experience:
Two years working experience in a Customer Service or Security Guard environment; or a combination of both. Must have no felony or misdemeanor convictions and must be available to be contacted in case of an emergency.
Must have a valid Driver'' License.
Current CPR Certification or obtain within 6 months of hire.
C. Education and Training:
High school degree or equivalent. Must complete University Medical Center in-service course (CPI) within three months of employment and the IHSS Basic Security course within six months of employment.