The Field Service Representative I position under direct supervision, repairs, upgrades or installs medical equipment to which training has been provided, while acquiring increased knowledge of the portfolio of Gambro’s medical equipment. This work is performed in clinics, hospitals, donor centers or other equipment locations.
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
% of Total
Maintains equipment as assigned within a field territory or provides installation and maintenance support within and outside of the region. Provides quality level of service according to established standards.
Become proficient on all trained medical devices in order to provide the highest level of customer service response. Work closely with FS Regional Manager, Field Service Representatives II & III and other functional areas within the company to enhance product knowledge, business performance and customer experiences.
Manage customer satisfaction by maintaining effective relationships and surpassing customer expectations by responding promptly to customer requests/concerns either by phone or onsite visit, thorough repairs to keep down time of the equipment at a minimum, on time preventive maintenance to keep the equipment in compliance with regulations.
Complete paperwork, documentation and administrative tasks per policy and procedure.
Performs any other duties as assigned by manager.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- This is an entry level position and specific product knowledge is not a requirement. The incumbent must possess the analytical skills acquired from their Technical Training, or previous work experience, to show a proven success in servicing equipment within a medical customer environment. Comprehensive service training will be provided on Gambro’s specific products.
- Minimum of an Associates Degree in Electronics Engineering, Bio-Medical field or similar technical degree; or a proven equivalent work experience as a Field Service Engineer. Related military electronics training will be considered.
- Minimum 6 months working in a technical environment (industry/medical preferred). Experience inspecting servicing, repairs, upgrades or installs of medical equipment preferred.
- Ability to self-manage.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills relating to solving equipment problems.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to complete documentation tasks associated with the position.
- Understanding of a medical customer environment.
- Ability to travel to installation/upgrade sites for extended periods of time, willingness to work other shifts and overtime as necessary.
- Must qualify to be promoted to Field Service Representative II within 2 to 3 years in order to continue with the Field Service Representative job family.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must have valid drivers license and acceptable driving record.
- Requires the ability to carry out the physical requirements of the job including physical transport, lifting, pulling, twisting, bending, and operation of equipment.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move in excess of 35 pounds using lifting aids, technologies, or appropriate assistance.
- Ability to drive long distances or fly for a number of hours.
pplicable to Health Care Industry Representatives only)
Able to comply with customer credentialing requirements in order to gain and maintain access to assigned facilities. Requirements are defined by each customer and typically include health vaccinations, training documentation, drug screens, criminal and personal background checks and information regarding health program sanctions (such as those regulated by the Office of Inspector, the General Service Administration and the Food and Drug Administration).
When it comes to keeping bodily fluids clean, Gambro is fastidious. The medical equipment and technology company is among the world's...