Title: Sr. Linux Engineer
Location: United States-Oregon-Hillsboro
Job Number: 12012816
Xerox Corporation is a $22 billion leading global enterprise for business process and document management. Through its broad portfolio of technology and services, Xerox provides the essential back-office support that clears the way for clients to focus on what they do best: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox provides leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Through ACS, A Xerox Company, which Xerox acquired in February 2010, Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, HR benefits management, finance support, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The 130,000 people of Xerox serve clients in more than 160 countries.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
May perform one or more of the following:
Can work remotely partial of the week.
The Senior Linux engineering candidate will have several years experience in ESX or ESXi deployments -- ESX5 preferred but ESX4 is ok. Involved in the design of a large environment and/or high reliability/high uptime configuration.
Experience with the Satellite servers, channels, Yum. Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux versions 5.3 to 6.2., virtual and physical server support.
- Customer relations skills
- Technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Advanced project management skills to be able to plan and lead very large complex projects
- Ability to recommend strategic direction in the UNIX environment.
- Take part in an On Call Rotation,
- Handle incidents and problems in a prompt and professional manner.
- Experienced in dealing with vendors support organizations, escalating issues when required.
- Performance analysis and resolution
- Problem determination, presenting possible client service issues to senior management, making recommendations to alleviate issues and implementing them.
- Participate in DR exercises and must have experience in Disaster Recovery solutions, ensuring systems are returned to operational status in the minimum amount of time.
- Creation and documentation of process standards for the team.
- Proven skills in the management of large scale enterprise systems.
- 10 years' experience in installation and configuration of UNIX systems.
- Solid knowledge of HPUX 11.31.
- Large Enterprise HP servers experience (eg Superdomes1 & 2, RX6600, RX8640)
- Logical Volume Manager and VxFS.
- Ignite backup and recovery
- Storage and Storage migration knowledge.
- Trouble shooting experience for TCP/IP and SAN issues
- Fibre channel issue resolution
- Software package installation knowledge.
- HPVM, nPar and vPar management
- Scripting skills
All other duties as assigned.
ACS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with ACS may request such accommodation(s) by calling 866-419-2226 or by sending an e-mail email@example.com.
Virtual/work from home? No
Xerox Corporation - 17 months ago
Why build your career at Xerox?
Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer...