Located 125 miles southwest of Houston, Alcoa Point Comfort Operations supplies alumina -- the compound from which aluminum is made -- to Alcoa's global production system -- the largest network of refineries and smelters in the world. Alcoa Point Comfort Operations has been a member of the Calhoun County Community since 1948 when it constructed the first aluminum production facility powered by natural gas. Since 1980, however, alumina has been Point Comfort Operation's primary product. As part of Alcoa's vision of becoming the best company in the world, Alcoa Point Comfort Operations is dedicated to its role in improving the community by relentlessly pursuing its health, safety, and environmental goals. Alcoa is particularly committed to improving and maintaining the environmental quality of neighboring Lavaca Bay and other vital natural resources.
The Chemical Engineer is accountable for monitoring process variables and recommending changes, initiating and conducting investigatory projects, and implementing process efficiency. improvements to facilitate the continuity and improvement in operation of the process, plant, and product quality within his/her assigned area of responsibility.
CRITICAL ACHIEVEMENT AREAS
1. Establishes long-term optimum process control parameters in his/her area of responsibility in consultation with the Technical Specialist, by monitoring process variables, and initiating and implementing Laboratory and Plant scale investigations.
2. Ensures short-term process parameters are optimal, by identifying process problems and restraints which will prevent targets being met.
3. Contributes to the process efficiency by providing Line and Technical Management with updated parameter targets and recommendations, and highlighting exceptions from these.
4. Contributes to achieving control and capability on the agreed critical process parameters within area of responsibility.
5. Contributes to production efficiency by training Shift Supervisors and Operators in process understanding and equipment operation.
6. Contributes to long-term process improvement by initiating, planning and implementing laboratory, pilot and plant investigations, and subsequently making process design recommendations.
Position can be filled as a JG 14 or 15 depending upon qualifications and experience
While many of its aluminum products may be lightweight, Alcoa is anything but. The company is among the world's top producers of...