Mycroft is an IT Services Organization and the leader with providing Information Security, Identity Management and Application Security, and Security Compliance & Risk-Based Solutions. We offer a Full Lifecycle of services associated to the strategy, business process, design, development, implementation, support and management of identity management and security solutions.
And…Through our managed IT services, Mycroft monitors and manages critical enterprise IT infrastructure, including all or specific information security processes and applications, FSI business applications, Real-Time Networks & Business Applications, Servers, and Storage. Our managed services are provided as project consulting & integration or as multi-year agreements. Mycroft brings industry leading experience with managing high availability infrastructures, resulting from our engineering skills and experience with providing solutions to financial services & health care industry clients.
The Network Engineer designs and delivers network and communications solutions to support a large scale global multi-carrier MPLS network which provides communications for time critical customer applications. Although there is a support staff to assist, this position is responsible for managing all aspects of endpoint delivery on an international scale. This position also works closely with the operations staff to insure a network with high availability is designed, installed and maintained.
- Gain a working knowledge of the client applications and capacity requirements to deliver a solution based on proven design standards.
- Develops a network solution which is approved internally and by the client.
- Tests the solution in the lab and oversee the delivery and installation of equipment.
- Validate installation and certification of new client installation.
- Provide support through user acceptance and application testing.
- Provide detailed documentation
- Isolates and resolves network communications and operations problems that impact customer or backbone access and performance globally.
- Produces new or modifies existing client network designs in accordance with engineering standards.
- Accurately reports and processes information pertaining to network problems in the problem tracking system in accordance with department standards.
- Completes network changes in compliance with engineering standards.
- Adheres to industry standards and audits for installation and production operations during the development and completion of assigned tasks.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Documents tested, proven, and implemented solutions to network problems.
- Provides detailed status on assigned project tasks.
- Complies with Network Service Request (NSR) and Change Control processes.
- Serves as secondary technical escalation point to Network operations organization, when required, instances of service outage, service degradation, or technology support.
- Participate in training to extend and increase technical expertise.
Mycroft offers competitive compensation and robust benefits package that includes:
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in a related field or related professional experience. (7-10 years)
- Cisco experience required and Cisco Certifications preferred.
- Proficient with the following WAN networks
- Private Line (56Kb through DS3)
- ISDN (BRI and PRI Circuits)
- Good understanding and working knowledge of IP
- Understand NATs, Access Lists
- Subnetting and address schemes
- Good understanding and working knowledge of routing protocols
- BGP, EIGRP, ARP, etc.
- Good understanding in Network Management Applications
- HP OpenView NNM
- Concord Live Health and eHealth
- Basic Understanding of UNIX Commands is a plus
- High skills in network design of domestic and international LANs, WANs, and VPNs (IPSec & SSL)
- Strong working knowledge of hardware/software used to identify, isolate, and capture the cause of service impacting problems.
- Flexibility to work diverse schedules. May require on-call situations that necessitate mobile phone access.
- Very good interpersonal, writing, presentation, and project management skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple complex projects requiring attention to detail
- Excellent technical translation, planning, and problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent Oral and written communications skills.
- Prior financial network experience is a plus
Mycroft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/D/V.
- Insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Flexible Benefit Spending Plan
- Competitive Wages
- 401K with Matching
- Growth & Training Opportunities
Mycroft - 9 months ago
Mycroft is a premier provider of IT infrastructure services, focused on identity management and application security, and including managed...