Committed. Competitive. Constructing our Future.
That's Travelers. We are one of the leading insurance companies in the United States. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy, and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
This position is the Lead Reserving Actuary on the Personal Insurance Actuarial team.
The Personal Insurance Actuarial Team (comprised of Reserving, Countrywide Pricing, and Forecasting) is a strong, integral partner in the Personal Insurance business. This department offers career opportunities as part of a thriving, profitable business.
- Lead, manage, and develop a team of experienced actuaries and analysts
- Significant engagement with Senior Executives
- Lead the development and communication of all Personal Insurance reserves using traditional and non-traditional techniques
- Lead the calculation and recommendation of Personal Insurance monthly and quarterly bookings.
- Create and drive change around new techniques, approaches, and processes
- Identify and assess key trends in business results and communicate effectively across organization including providing guidance for quarterly investor calls
- Work in collaboration with key business partners including finance, corporate reserving, pricing, product management, underwriting, and claims
- Effective communication - this position does have significant exposure to senior executives requiring experienced and effective communication skills.
- Ability to influence
- Project, time, and people management
- Achieve continuous improvement for the team
- Expert knowledge of actuarial concepts
- Knowledge of Personal Lines products preferred
- Knowledge of Excel and Access required and SAS a plus
- Personal or commercial reserving experience preferred
- Strong understanding of actuarial and other insurance related models (i.e. property CAT, ROE and RBC models) a plus
- Strong sense of urgency in meeting deadlines
- Ability to handle shifting priorities
- Attention to detail
- Sound understanding of financial reporting, income statements and balance
ACAS or FCAS designation required
Previous reserving and financial reporting experience
Significant prior management experience preferred
Minimum 7-10 yrs. of experience
Please apply by visiting www.travelers.com and selecting requisition number 795972...
TAOnline.com - 3 years ago