Principal QA Engineer - Freeflow ESSL SQA
Location: US-CA-San Mateo
Posted Date: 8/23/2012
Cost Center: 264
Category: Quality Assurance
About the Job
Akamai's Intelligent Internet Platform handles a significant portion of World Wide Web Traffic over a trillion interactions a day (HD Video, software downloads, e-commerce, cloud computing, etc.) On any given day, it's highly likely nearly every user on the Internet worldwide is receiving content through Akamai's nearly one hundred thousand servers deployed in over 70 countries worldwide. Do you have what it takes to help Akamai ensure the performance, stability and scalability of the software responsible for delivering that content?
Responsibilities of a Principal Software Quality Engineer include developing system-level test plans, creating, enhancing and executing manual system tests and automated system tests written in Perl, diagnosing, debugging and performing root-cause analysis of issues and defects, and working with other SQA Engineers testing existing and new features and functionality to help ensure consistently high release confidence. This individual will be faced with complex software automation and verification challenges and opportunities, with a mission to release high quality application/system software that is highly resilient and optimally performing on very large distributed networks.
About the Team
The System Quality Assurance group is responsible for extensive testing across all the technologies developed in Engineering. This group is knowledgeable about all these technologies and focuses on real-world, end-to-end testing to ensure all of Akamai's systems integrate well. In addition, this group works on automated testing infrastructure and systematic test case tracking to increase efficiency within the quality assurance process.
- Work closely with developers, DevQA, SQA Engineers and others to design, develop, implement and improve test methodologies, test plans and highly effective test automation.
- Take ownership of and lead Software Releases.
- Guide and mentor SQA Team Members.
- Perform manual and automated functional and full system tests for Akamai’s Media & Content Delivery and Acceleration Products.
- Create, deploy and maintain automated system tests to replicate real-world scenarios.
- Review bug descriptions, functional requirements and design documents, incorporating this information into test plans and test cases.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software quality and/or development engineering experience overall.
- 4+ years experience in server-side SQA and/or development engineering experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on networking experience including HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP Networking Protocols.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with UNIX/Linux Operating System.
- Education: Master’s Degree or greater in Computer Science.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of/experience with IPv6 and IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack a strong plus.
- Experience developing scripts and test automation (i.e. Perl, Python, shell scripts).
- Highly driven, positive attitude, team player, self-motivated and very flexible.
- Experience with Linux internals.
- Experience with analytics/metrics/reporting systems, especially provided as a service.
- Experience with client-server testing.
- Experience testing large-scale, large-volume and highly distributed systems.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Is relocation available for this position: No
- Is US Citizenship required: No
- Is a Security Clearance Required: No
No one carries more of the world's Web traffic than Akamai, so working with Akamai means you’re helping some of the world’s best known brands succeed in bringing any experience to any device, anywhere. Cloud computing, SaaS, eCommerce, online entertainment and dynamic personalized experiences are all fueled by Akamai technology. Join Akamai and you join a culture that’s extremely intelligent, strongly supportive and passionately committed to delivering world-class solutions. Some of the best minds in business, mathematics, and engineering work at Akamai – leading, learning and shaping the future of the Internet.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.
Akamai - 2 years ago