This Assistant Director position is responsible for the admission and recruitment of domestic freshman and transfer applicants including recruitment travel as well as application evaluation. This position is also responsible for assisting with the coordination and staffing of on-campus programs and online events for prospective students.
A Bachelor's degree is required. A Master's degree is preferred.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in admissions or related areas
- Knowledge of trends and practices in higher education
- Strong writing skills
- Public speaking ability
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Public relations and computer skills
- Must demonstrate highly developed interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Organizational skills are required in order to conduct demographic and historical research, as it pertains to American University’s applicant trends
- Proficiency in a foreign language, preferably Spanish
The Assistant Director contributes to the team-oriented environment within the Office of Enrollment. The position requires significant travel and work on evenings and weekends.