Seeking a Project Manager with both business and technical skills. Supporting DHS in downtown DC/Union Station area. Metro, VRE, MARC and Amtrak accessible.
-- MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN --
CSC has a requirement for an internal project manager to plan, develop, and oversee various program-wide project management initiatives. Working directly in the program office, this position will work with both Federal client and CSC technical (software development) project managers to ensure that both the business and technical aspects of formal project management are addressed. The client is the US Citizenship and Immigration Service of DHS. The offices are located in Washington DC adjacent to Union Station.
Job Specific Functions
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a USCIS 6C clearance (a level of Public Trust clearance)
- All work must be conducted at work location - No remote work
Essential Job Functions
- Performs Project Planning with Project Team (including sub contractor partners) and Customer.
- Produces resource sensitive project plans on medium to complex projects.
- Develops Technical and Cost Proposals (with corporate finance organization) for new projects and existing project scope changes.
- Performs risk analysis and mitigation for projects. Monitors project schedule and budget.
- Coordinates project activities with other project managers, as needed.
- Develops and maintains MS Project Schedules, provides data to Project Control Specialists.
- Facilitates meetings, captures project requirements.
- Presents status briefings to client.
- Plans meetings with project team and customer(s).
- Identifies customer imposed project scheduling impacts and updates committed schedules to reflect them.
- Collects cost, schedule and technical status information on projects and produces status reports.
- Analyze cost and schedule information and puts into effect adjustments as needed.
- Performs lessons learned analysis at project milestones and as project events require.
- Reports on cost and schedule at least monthly at formal task status meetings.
- Oversees the regular updating and monitoring of metrics for the project such as, but not limited to, defects identified, basis of estimate, and earned value
- Oversees and develops uniquely complex work statements, scope/priority definition and the creation of budgets and schedules for several large complex global programs. Develops documents in accordance with appropriate standards and customer requirements and needs. Identifies global implications and determines appropriate response to those implications.
- Defines overall high-level program plans and their interdependencies, manages communications between projects, and sets realistic objectives for project managers within a program. Documents program progress including implementation, timelines, issues, risks, and successes to maintain program course. Determines changes and/or corrections and implements as appropriate or approved.
- Maintains grade and quality of program deliverables within defined and agreed upon program requirements. Oversees adjustments and changes necessary. Communicates with client senior management to manage expectations, maintain smooth operations, and build client relationships. Communicates program goals and processes to the program team to ensure program continuity.
- Leads major proposal efforts and creates strategies to establish business in new markets or in current accounts. Functions as a subject matter expert and provides project management methodology consulting to business unit personnel. Participates in contract negotiations with clients, sub-contractors and vendors.
- Balances program resources (people, budget, material, time) to optimize program objectives for several large, complex, global projects. Monitors and reports budgetary concerns to achieve financial and performance objectives for several large, complex, global programs. Manages legal, contractual, and customer processes to ensure compliance with agreed upon requirements. Understands and determines course of action to comply with global or country specific regulations.
- Oversees complex projects with high level risk, identifies risks. Identifies and resolves issues impacting the productivity of several large, complex, global programs. Gathers appropriate information, assesses results and determines and recommends risk mitigation solutions and implements as appropriate.
- Gathers feedback from client on program results; analyzes feedback and incorporates same into future programs. Identifies and determines global implications of program parameters and redefines, redesigns or revises as appropriate.
- Determines, obtains and provides program metrics/status to stakeholders to communicate project progress. Leverages corporate synergies to improve customer information technology performance.
- Selects and hires employees. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
- Prepares and recommends operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary. Balances program resources (people, budget, material, time) to optimize program objectives for several large, complex, global projects.
Job Specific Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science or related field preferred
- Twelve or more years of project management experience
- Experience working with project management methodology such as Catalyst including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices
- Experience working with delivery assurance policies, procedures and principles to ensure compliance
- Experience working with key financial indicators of the program and organization
- Experience working with enterprise products, services, finances, and strategies and business forces acting on the enterprise (e.g., customers, suppliers, competitors, regulators, and stockholders)
- Experience working with client vision, business objectives, and critical success factors
- Twelve (12) years of project management experience
- Overall experience to include direct, hands-on client relationship management
- Must understand current software development project management and planning strategies and methodologies
- Minimum of two (2) years using MS Project
- Minimum of two (2) years developing, gathering and analyzing metrics concerning projects
- Experience with Earned Value, CMMI and/or ITIL
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Strong comprehension skills for understanding needs and developing and applying solutions
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients at the highest corporate level
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills to train, guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Strong communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks
- Strong ability to manage multiple programs, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and switch between tasks quickly
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Willingness to travel
Apple has an "i" for revolutionary technology. Since its release, the company's iPhone has spurred a revolution in cell...