Job ID: 2470445
AlliedBarton Security Services is the industry's premier provider of highly trained security personnel to many industries including commercial real estate, higher education, healthcare, residential communities, chemical/petrochemical, government, manufacturing and distribution, financial institutions, and shopping centers. Our more than 50,000 employees and 100 offices across the country service a client base of several thousand which includes approximately 200 Fortune 500 companies nationwide. AlliedBarton is headquartered in Conshohocken, PA, and has been American owned and managed since 1957.
As the first security services company selected as one of Training magazine's Top 125 training companies for six consecutive years, AlliedBarton offers on-the-job, web-based, and ongoing training programs for all personnel from security officers through executive level management. Our commitment to training includes industry specific programs that are customized for the security challenges in several of the markets we serve.
AlliedBarton's focus on Human Capital Management moves employee growth and satisfaction to the forefront of all company initiatives. By utilizing employee retention programs and promotions from within, AlliedBarton is able to foster a culture of quality security officers and continuous customer satisfaction.
AlliedBarton security officers adhere to quality standards designed to provide unparalleled service. Our security officers are proactive, responsive and ready to meet our client's needs.
Observes, reports and evaluates security and law enforcement incidents quickly and effectively; responds appropriately.
Acts as a deterrent to crime by performing thorough patrols and post checks, maintaining access control and remaining visible.
Responds to safety requests and prevents incidents by promoting a safe work environment.
Remains flexible to ever changing environment; adapts well to different situations.
Patrol facility or man post as instructed and serve as a general security presence and visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or client rule infractions at or near assigned post which may be a threat to the property, client or employees at the site.
Report all incidents, accidents or medical emergencies.
Respond to emergencies, such as medical and bomb threats; and to alarms, such as fire and intrusion by following emergency response proceedings.
Security Officer Basic Qualifications:
*Requires excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills and be articulate.
*Individual must have high integrity, possess strong leadership skills and be extremely reliable.
*Professional appearance and demeanor.
*Must be able to climb stairs, lift and carry up to 35lbs, walk, stand and/or sit up to 8 hrs. per day.
*Must be able to work effectively both in and outdoors during all weather conditions.
*Intermediate to advanced computer skills desired.
*Experience with CCTV, Access Control systems and security technology preferred.
*Previous military experience and/or active government clearance desired.
* Must be at least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
* Must have a high school diploma or GED, or at least 10 years of verifiable employment history.
* At least one verifiable employer.
* No criminal convictions as specified under AlliedBarton guidelines.
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
* Authorized to work in the United States.
* Ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Negative result on pre-employment drug screen.
* Successful completion of AlliedBarton's Security Officer Basic Course exam.
* Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
* Neat and professional appearance.
* Friendly and professional demeanor.
* Ability to provide quality customer service.
* Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
We offer an attractive compensation package including competitive hourly wage, benefits, training and opportunities for advancement. AlliedBarton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
AlliedBarton Security Services - 14 months ago