UPMC Community Provider Svcs is hiring a full-time Pharmacy Technician RxPrtnrs to help support the RXPLT-Bridgeville Pharmacy Department for its Rx Partners location in Bridgeville, PA.
Under the direction of the Pharmacy Operations Supervisor, the Pharmacy Technician fills all related medication orders in accordance with the practice of pharmacy. These services will be provided in compliance with state and federal regulations. Works as a team member to facilitate the daily operational needs of the pharmacy.
Position is for an evening data entry technician, candidate must have a minimum of two years pharmacy data entry experience, preferably in a LTC setting. Ability to read phycian orders and good customer service skills are needed for this position. The hours for this position are primarily Monday - Friday, 2 - 10:30 PM. You will also be required to work one Saturday every 8 weeks.
- Assist in the provision of the proper oral and injectable medications (including intravenous
admixtures) for the correct patient for administration at the appropriate time
- Use proper technique in the preparation of medications
- Documenting the process following UPMC and state regulations. Initial/date product as required
- Maintain all patient information and records utilizing the pharmacy computer system as required
- Provide and procure information (via telephone, person-to-person or written) to pharmacy and
nursing facility personnel, patients, and visitors. Refer all drug information questions to Staff
- Procure and maintain adequate inventory levels on daily basis
- Maintain and update emergency boxes
- Assist in the training of pharmacy personnel and students
- Audit and maintain accurate records for controlled substances
- Assure that all such drugs are stored and dispensed in compliance with Federal, State and
- Attend cycle medication cart exchange at Nursing facilities, utilizing the Medication Administration
Record (MAR) to insure medications orders are current and accurate
- Drive UPMC/Rx Partners-LTC owned vehicles in a responsible manner and follow all traffic laws
- Participate in departmental quality improvement activities in order to continually improve and
evaluate pharmaceutical care as reflected by operational and patient care indicators
- Package medications utilizing pharmacy computer system, barcode scanning to insure every
prescription is filled with correct product (NDC). When necessary to change NDC insure NDC used
is a therapeutic interchange with original NDC (AB rated). Always verifying process with a
- High School Diploma or equivalent and one of the following:
* Completion of a pharmacy technician program
* Six months pharmacy experience (long-term care experience preferred)
* Must be familiar with different mechanisms of medication delivery and preparation
* Must be able to read and interpret physician orders and demonstrate a proficiency in MS Excel
* Enrollment in good standing as a pharmacy student
- Position is for an evening data entry technician
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years pharmacy data entry experience, preferably in a
- Ability to read phycian orders and good customer service skills are strongly preferred for this role
- Valid PA Driver's License in good standing
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board certified preferred
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
UPMC is one of the leading nonprofit health systems in the United States. A $10 billion integrated global health enterprise headquartered in...