MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC), headquartered in Baltimore, MD is the official humanitarian aid agency of the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of North and Central America. Since its inception in 1992, IOCC has delivered $438 million in relief and development programs to families and communities in more than 50 countries.
IOCC seeks a full-time, motivated Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to primarily be responsible for leading and quality assurance of all of IOCC’s global monitoring and evaluation activities with the goal of institutionalizing the monitoring and evaluations systems and organizational learning systems; leading programs/projects evaluations; and assessing data quality. Additionally, the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will capture, analyze, and compile demonstrative examples of IOCC’s global technical capacities and lessons learned on internal processes as they relate to program quality. He/She will develop IOCC’s standardized minimal monitoring and evaluation system, appropriate tools, procedures, and methodologies, and train the field offices on how to use them, while also maintaining and proactively disseminating lessons learned throughout the organization.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop M&E standards including developing tools, instruments, methodologies, and procedures that will be used by IOCC HQ and field offices to monitor the progress of the programs/projects, to evaluate their impact, and to collect the appropriate data that can be used for reporting to donors, to the public at large or for preparing promotional materials.
- Establish and manage M&E systems for effective and efficient programs/projects monitoring and reporting, and for the identification of lessons learned, both positive and negative, for IOCC and for IOCC’s Implementing Partners.
- Develop and implement training materials and presentations to improve program quality and to build the capacity of IOCC staff as it relates to M&E tools, instruments, methodologies, and procedures.
- Ensure that the M&E and Organizational Learning Systems are fully and consistently integrated into all IOCC programs worldwide, that they meet the reporting needs of all key stakeholders, and they are further refined and enhanced on an ongoing basis.
- Create and maintain online and hardcopy versions of M&E procedures and tools for HQ and field staff.
- Create and maintain an easily accessible internal database of relevant topics and examples useful to IOCC’s various operations globally.
- Manage day-to-day operation of the M&E and Organizational Learning Systems, including support of field offices in continued implementation of M&E tools and instruments and capturing and dissemination of lessons learned.
- Collaborate with the Business Development Officer, provide technical assistance and data for the M&E component of grant proposals.
- Provide background information on pertinent past or current programming of other field offices to Business Development Officer and other grant proposal development teams.
- Regularly review findings in the field and IOCC’s recent global activities portfolio seeking stakeholder inputs and through consultations with practitioners in other organizations; analyze internal and donor reporting to capture best practices, organizational expertise, generate lessons learned and establish “after action” reports.
- Compile documents and presentations regarding IOCC organizational experience globally, maintain a “library” of these available to appropriate IOCC staff, and proactively disseminate them.
- Serve as a resource to Communications and Development staff by sharing and highlighting program areas of success, outcomes, data and statistics.
- Evaluate the ongoing projects of field offices and of HQ and make recommendations for better utilizing the available resources in order to increase the projects’ impact.
- For larger projects that have funds allocated for evaluations, select the evaluators and coordinate the evaluations to make sure that the proposed methodology is adequate, effective, and extracts the needed information; review the evaluations to make sure that adequate recommendations are incorporated.
- Learn new practices from external evaluators and incorporate them in the M&E System/ process.
- Propose appropriate tools to assess the quality of data collected from evaluations.
- Train the field offices and IOCC partners to use data quality assessment tools.
- Guide the data collection process, assess the process of data collected by IOCC and its partners, and make recommendations for improving the quality of data collected to show outputs, outcomes, and impact.
- Synthesize and analyze data for thematic reports; develop, refine, and manage the process for regular reporting on findings and coordinate with appropriate IOCC departments for the dissemination of information.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
MinistryEmployment.com - 8 months ago