Kaiser Permanente nurses advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered healing environment through their professional practice and leadership. Kaiser Permanente nurses are guided by an integrated nursing model that places patients and families in the center. Our nurses embody a set of core values and professional behaviors that define who we are. The Staff Registered Nurse practices professional nursing as defined by the Georgia Registered Professional Nurse Practice Act and by organizational policies, procedures and guidelines. Provides nursing care for patients, members and families to restore and promote health and to prevent illness and injury. Collaborates with leadership and members of the Health Care Team to ensure the delivery of high quality, safe care and service.
- Provides nursing care to patients within his/her scope of practice, utilizing the nursing process to assess the health status, establish a nursing diagnosis, establish nursing goals to meet health care needs, and develop, implement and evaluate a nursing plan of care. O.C.G.A. §43-26-3(8)
- Assesses and triages patients presenting to urgent care unit.
- Evaluates emergency situations and initiates appropriate nursing interventions, such as cardiac monitoring and thorough assessment. Leads the nursing response to medical emergencies and assures appropriate intervention such as BLS in the Medical office building.
- Ensures the readiness of the Health Care Team members to respond to emergencies, including equipment and staff knowledge and skill.
- Oversees the direction of urgent care patient flow.
- Monitors patient and directs other clinical support staff in the delivery of patient care.
- Will problem solve issues as they arise.
- Monitors electronic messaging and email related to patient and provider requests and inquires. Manages the messages as appropriate or triages to physician or others as needed.
- Initiates and monitors IV therapy, administration of medications, phlebotomy, 12 lead EKG, crutch walking, POC glucose, and other nursing procedures as ordered by the physician or associate practitioner. Assists with procedures, such as minor surgical repair, wound care, dressing, splinting, 12 lead EKG, other orthopedic procedures, and monitors patients' response during and after the procedure.
- Assesses patient and family health education needs, provides health teaching and counseling and evaluates effectiveness of the education process.
- Conducts outgoing telephone calls to patients requiring follow up care.
- Assures patient understanding of AVI from physician and nurse.
- Accurately documents patient data, actions, interventions and patient response according to established guidelines and policies.
- Leads or participates in quality improvement activities and/or process improvement.
- Responds effectively to member / patient concerns.
- Serves as an advocate for the patient. Facilitates transitions and coordination of care across the continuum.
- Supervises the Urgent Care team members and assesses for appropriate intervention.
- Serves as a role model for quality and service and as a resource, coach and mentor for other members of the Health Care Team.
- Completes other department-specific procedures and nursing care within scope of practice and skill level.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree.
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Georgia.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, advanced cardiac life (ACLS) and pediatric life support (PALS) within 6 month of hire.
- Minimum of 2 years of current experience in acute care or urgent care.
- BSN degree.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in emergency services.
Kaiser Permanente - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...