Title: Buyer/Planner II
About Fujitsu Network Communications
Fujitsu Network Communications Inc.(FNC) is an innovator in Connection-oriented Ethernet and optical transport technologies, and is a market-leading provider of SONET, WDM, and packet optical networking solutions. Fujitsu enables its customers to migrate to fully converged packet optical networks that improve performance and profitability. With the support of Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702), a $50B company with approximately 170,000 professionals in 70 countries, Fujitsu enables its customers to migrate to fully converged packet optical networks that improve performance and profitability. Over 450,000 Fujitsu network elements have been deployed by all major carriers across North America. Fujitsu maintains a longstanding and highly-regarded position as a market leader by providing best-in-class data networking solutions optimized for Ethernet aggregation, transport and service delivery. For more information, please see: http://us.fujitsu.com/telecom.
As demand for our products and services continue grow, we are looking for the brightest and sharpest minds to help meet this demand. We are currently seeking a Buyer/Planner for our Richardson, TX location.
Fujtisu Network Communications is seeking a Buyer/Planner responsible for purchasing raw materials for manufacturing and Engineering, Negotiate pricing, quantity, and delivery commitments with suppliers and Resolving discrepancies between actual receipts, purchase orders, and invoices as required.
In addition to the purchase of materials, the Purchasing Department is also responsible for maintaining adequate supplies of materials and reducing material cost through:
- Improving inventory turns (reducing inventory levels) by scheduling of material deliveries
- Expediting and communicating status of shortages as defined by SAP MRP system and/or Planning
- Identifying changes in requirements, rescheduling and/or cancellation of existing Purchase Orders and executing the same by working with suppliers. The Reschedule Buy Report from SAP MRP system is the primary tool for this purpose
- Assuring data integrity of all purchased material data elements in Material Master within the scope of the Purchasing Department; including parts cost fields, procurement lead times, lot sizes, etc.
- Bachelors degree
- 2 - 4 years'' purchasing experience working with manufacturers and electronic component suppliers
- Ability to negotiate number of different commodities: PCB, electronic components, cable, cable assemblies, and metal fabrication
- Experience working with high level MRP system and planners to analyze and revise MPS to reflect changes to domestic purchase orders
- Expertise on freight forwarding, duty and customs regulations
- Excellent communication skills, (written, and verbal)
- Strong attention to details, highly organized, computer literate
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment
Fujitsu America believes in the power of information and technology. A subsidiary of Fujitsu, the company offers a broad portfolio of IT...