The person in this position is responsible for performing a variety of office support and court support assignments necessary for the efficient operation of the Clerk's Office. These will include some primary duties for each individual but some shared duties to be performed by all. The receipt of money is a major function, but the receiving and filing of documents is also very important, as is prompt, courteous and responsive customer service.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receives payment by computer for services rendered; makes determination as to collection of fines and costs/filing fees.
- Receives documents for recording or filing; indexes information by computer.
- Ensures excellent customer service with the public; interacts tactfully with members of the public, including but not limited to:
- Assists members of the public in person, by telephone, by mail or e-mail;
- Directs customers to the appropriate party, department, outside agency or other resource; answers questions and provides information within specific guidelines; provides forms, applications, and other materials to the public; or routes request to appropriate staff.
- Performs a variety of responsible clerical support duties including preparing, typing, copying, collating, filing and e-filing various Court documents, forms, reports, records, and other materials in department and/or central files; maintains and updates computer information; assists Court personnel in locating files and documents as necessary.
- Receives mail, shipments, deliveries and materials and distributes appropriately, as necessary.
- Type a minimum speed of 45 wpm.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills:
Education : A high school diploma or GED equivalency.
Experience: Minimum one year of experience of clerical or administrative experience. Prior experience in a Circuit Court Clerk's office is preferred.
Skills: Ability to organize. Attention to detail, complete work accurately sometimes with short deadlines. Read, comprehend, and retain information and follow directions from supervisor or fellow Deputy Clerk. Provide office support functions to include familiarity and experience with Microsoft Office, Excel and Word programs. Capacity to correctly ascertain concerns/inquiries from members of the public and be able to respond appropriately to those concerns/inquiries in a timely manner. Ability to communicate ideas effectively, both orally and in writing, with the public and representatives of various agencies that interact with this office. Demonstrate cooperation and teamwork with all members of staff. Ability to perform more than one task at a time, which may vary in complexity. Ability to locate and utilize appropriate procedure manuals and procedures. Willingness to accept limitations and ask for assistance. Willingness to learn new skills.
Physical Conditions & Work Contacts:
Standard work environment. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.