GREENPOINT Technologies was founded in 1988 and is located in Kirkland, WA. We provide interior solutions for Boeing aircraft, including VIP interior completions for private individuals, corporations and heads-of-state. As a preferred OEM supplier to the Boeing Company, we have designed and delivered specialty interior systems and modifications for nearly every Boeing commercial model. We are a recognized Boeing Business Jet (BBJ) completion center and are certified to ISO 9001 and AS9100 standards.
GREENPOINT Technologies incorporates various aspects of aircraft interior completions, providing an all-encompassing experience. Our services and capabilities follow within the strict guidelines of our Mission, Vision, and Values which we strive to demonstrate on a daily basis. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package in addition to a customer focused approach to engineering offerings and design excellence built into every program.
The Senior Stress Engineer - Group Lead performs secondary structural stress analysis of complex interior, system and structural installations. Able to derive specific installation requirements from FAA and customer requirements; determine critical loads and substantiation path for installations, assemblies, and details. The lead will also show motivation to complete projects on-time and represent the organizations core values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Completes stress analysis documents to meet Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requirements, budget, and project schedules.
• Creates preliminary and backup analysis documentation as required.
• Identifies data requirements.
• Provides guidance and feedback to other Stress Engineers. Acts in a lead capacity to ensure tasks are completed.
• May perform as functional “Lead” for stress team on specific project(s).
• Utilizes classical analysis methods including hand analysis; NASTRAN modeling and FEMAP.
• Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Greenpoint Core Competencies
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and accepts constructive criticism/feedback and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively in verbal and written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, and keeps others informed and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Dependability - Responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instruction and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions and doing the best job possible, keeps commitments, and maintains reliable attendance.
• Initiative - Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, recognizes and acts on opportunities, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts success of team above own interests.
• Work Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
Job Core Competencies
• Cost Consciousness – Works with approved budget, develops and implements cost saving measures, contributes to profits and revenue and conserves organizational resources.
• Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge, exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills, keeps abreast of current developments, requires minimal supervision, displays understanding of how job relates to others, and uses resources effectively.
• Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, and makes timely decisions.
• Performance Coaching – Defines responsibilities and expectations, sets goals and objectives, gives performance feedback, motivates for increased results, recognizes contributions, and encourages training and development.
• Planning and Organization – Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, plans for additional resources, integrates changes smoothly, sets goals and objectives, and works in an organized manner.
• Productivity – Meets productivity standards, completes work in timely manner, strives to increase productivity, works quickly and achieves established goals.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering, or equivalent; minimum 4 years secondary structure analysis experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have experience working in a lead capacity in a team of Stress Engineers.
Must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee in compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally.
• Experience leading projects and teams to ensure tasks are completed on-time.
• Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• NASTRAN modeling experience required, and FEMAP experience preferred.
• Aviation background and aircraft interior industry experience required.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work overtime as required.
GREENPOINT Technologies is an AA/EEO. To see all open positions and apply for this position, please go to our website at http://www.greenpnt.com
Greenpoint Technologies - 13 months ago