ability, and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and WestLaw.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Excellent research and analysis skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with other staff members.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications [i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc...) and WordPerfect Office Suite.
- Requires paralegal certificate. An equivalent level of legal training may be substituted with the approval of the COTR. At least two years of litigation paralegal experience required; 3-5 years experience, preferred.
- College degree in business, finance or accounting, preferred in conjuction with legal background.
- Experience with Investigative and Trial work.
- Securities industry experience, strongly preferred.
- At least one year of experience in automated litigation support *Requires sound working knowledge of legal system, legal research procedures and sources of information.
- Requires excellent analytic
801 Brickell Ave.
- Experience with litigation tools *Should have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing,database, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications. *Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- Some walking, standing, bending, and carrying moderately heavy items such as boxes.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen. Desired skills *Active security clearance, preferred.
- Bilingual (Fluent in Spanish), helpful. Specific Job Description This position is in support of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) at the Regional Office located in Miami, FL at
This Employee will assist accountants, examiners and attorney-advisors with Tips, Complaints and Referrals.
The Employee will be required to perform the following duties, but not limited to:
The Employee should have experience with the above listed responsibilities. Standard Job Description Paralegal/Legal Assistant II Security Clearance Public Trust Typical Minimums NA LMCareers Business Unit ESS0997 IS&GS-CIVIL (S8200) Business Area Info Systems & Global Sol Program Mega 3 (SEC) Department 7254024:BPS - SCA Labor Pool Job Class Legal Job Category Hourly/Non-Exempt City Miami State Florida Virtual No Relocation Available No Work Schedule STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day Req Type Task Order/IDIQ Direct/Indirect Direct Shift First
- Conduct and assist with surveillance using various websites, databases, publications,
- Conduct risk assessments and analysis a variety of data and assist staff members in assembling specific program information
- Conduct financial, accounting and economic research; read, digest and index related materials, opinions, decisions and/or other documents used by the staff; obtain facts and information to be used in the preparation of special comprehensive spreadsheets, reports, recommendations and relevant documents; and extract the highlights of documents/workpapers or factual materials, summarize essential points for the use of the staff
- Examine documents filed with the Commission such as Form ADV, Form BD, tips, complaints, referrals and other related documents.
- Assist accountants and examiners with pre and post examination work, including compiling information to assist them with their examinations.
- Assist the attorney-advisors with various projects
- Obtain, organize and maintain documents in electronic and hard copy formats
- Provide a wide range of general assistance, including document tracking and retrieval, maintenance of files, and copying, faxing and scanning of documents
- Drafts memoranda and correspondence
- Initiate, enter and updated information into database systems
- Perform other related tasks, as required.
Lockheed Martin Corporation - 30+ days ago
Lockheed Martin Corporation is a global security company that is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, inte...