At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
OSP - Operations Common
Reporting to the Operations Manager and under the general direction of the Senior Control Room Operator (SCRO), the Operator/Technician (OT) performs associated duties required in the operation of a 560 MW zero liquid discharge combined cycle power plant.
* This position requires working in a 12-hour shift rotation and overtime, as required.
* This position involves to standing, sitting, walking, climbing ladders and scaffolding. Working from elevation, heavy lifting and the use of hand and power tools. Working with high-pressure steam, water, air, chemicals and chemical equipment; and to be exposed to high noise, heat and cold.
* This role requires working in cramped and sometimes awkward positions with occasionally, as required, to work outdoors in inclement weather and confined spaces.
* We anticipate filling this position locally and therefore this position is not eligible for domestic or cross-border relocation assistance.
- Inspect, adjust and control all power production, water treatment, auxiliary and facility equipment to ensure a safe, continuous and efficient operation;
- Maintain optimum levels of operation and energy production;
- Communicate operating information and execute instructions effectively and accurately to the CRO using oral, written and various forms of electronic multi-media;
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance tasks as assigned;
- Utilize a computerized maintenance management system to enter work requests, withdraw parts and generate direct and service purchase orders;
- Train others in operations and inspections on-site;
- Take the necessary action to prevent environmental spills or releases and minimize the impact of environmental events, should they occur;
- Continually check all phases of operation for difficulties, irregularities and adverse trends and take corrective action, as required;
- Maintain accurate logs, journals and equipment records;
- By direction of the CRO, administer and ensure that the lock-out and tag-out procedures and policies are carried out safely and in compliance with applicable procedures and guidelines;
- Maintain plant security during business and non-business hours;
- Off-load bulk chemicals as required including totes and drums;
- Perform snow removal and general housekeeping;
- Implement and ensure compliance with safety programs, plant policies and procedures along with all local, state and federal regulations;
- Ensure the protection and safety of personnel, the environment, machinery, equipment and facilities;
- Other tasks as required.
Education and Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- A commitment to safety, health and environment;
- The ability to work independently with minimal direction;
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities;
- The ability to adapt positively to a changing environment;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Knowledge of Windows applications software;
- Required use of Personal Protective Equipment including but not limited to SCBA's, respirators and various classes of chemical suits.
- Possess a technology degree in an engineering discipline and/or equivalent military or maritime operations/technical training;
- A minimum of two years of related power plant experience;
- Prior power plant combined cycle experience as asset;
- Experience operating/maintaining GE frame Gas Turbines and GE Steam Turbines;
- Experience with water treatment or chemical plant operations;
- Strong mechanical and/or electrical/electronic skills.
*This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license;
- Provide a driver's abstract for review;
- Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, including drug and alcohol testing;
- Successfully complete a security clearance/criminal record check.
* Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Please apply to this posting by May 31,2013.
To apply, go to https://careers.transcanada.com/erc/apply.htm and enter reference code EXT50649194-01 or click HERE.
To view all of our job postings or to learn more about TransCanada go to http://jobs.transcanada.com/
Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career options.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
TransCanada - 21 months ago
TransCanada Corporation is a major North American energy company based in Calgary, Alberta, developing and operating energy infrastructure...