PERFORMANCE FOODSERVICE-Little Rock is seeking an experienced Area Sales Manager for Shreveport, Louisiana
As a PERFORMANCE FOODSERVICE Area Sales Manager: 'I am committed to working with each of our customers to meet their unique needs.'
Great food and great careers - this is what PERFORMANCE FOODSERVICE brings to the table. Join PERFORMANCE FOODSERVICE, one of the nation's largest foodservice distributors and you'll play an integral part in helping us distribute a broad array of food and related products to customers including restaurants, hotels, healthcare facilities, schools and more.
Set your career in motion as an Area Sales Manager
PERFORMANCE FOODSERVICE-Little Rock is seeking an aggressive and career minded fully commissioned sales representative to sell the highest quality grocery items, supply and equipment and other related products to restaurants, hotels, hospitals, schools, and other institutions.
Our Area Sales Managers are served by the strongest support team in the industry. We offer an environment of continued and consistent growth, ongoing training, and an environment that rewards hard work and dedication with compensation and career opportunities unmatched by any other company.
What we are looking for: We are looking for candidates who possess a passion for food, a passion for sales, and a passion for the food service industry. In addition, we are seeking candidates who possess management, food service management, and/or outside sales representative (outside sales), sales rep, or other related experience.
PERFORMANCE FOODSERVICE-Little Rock is looking for a career (not job) focused candidate. This position requires nightly preparation work at your home office as well as some weekend availability to service customers. It also requires patience in the first two years to learn the business while reducing the learning curve of the position.
- Penetrate existing accounts, solicit new accounts, and provide services to existing and new accounts
- Obtain orders and focus sales efforts
- Resolve customer complaints, monitor competition as well as recommending changes in products, service and policy
- Produce budgeted sales and gross profit numbers
- Complete a credit application on each new account
- Investigate and handle customer complaints and follow through to a solution
- Collect customer payments and manage customer receivables to credit terms
- Other activities include increasing sales and territory penetration, reporting, and planning
If you have that passion and drive to propel your career to amazing heights, please feel free to complete our online application at www.PFGC.com. You will need to Create a Profile AND Complete an Online Application.
- The successful candidates should have experience working with sales organizations to meet or exceed their sales goal
- Knowledge of the competitive market
- The ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus!
Failure to complete BOTH the Profile and Online Application will result in the candidate being rejected and not considered for this position.
To access this job posting and apply online:
1. Log on to www.pfgc.com
2. Select the 'Career' tab
3. Search for positions of interest and Create Your Profile
4. You will be required to establish a profile. The profile requires an e-mail address for all correspondence. You can create a free e-mail account with Yahoo or Google directly from our system. Record your profile email, username and password below. You will need this information for future access to our career center.
5. Once your profile is created, now you're ready to complete our Online Application found at:
Computer Skills: Intermediate skill level with Word, Excel, and Outlook.
You will bring to the table:
- Strong sales and customer service orientation
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Demonstrate initiative in decision-making and problem solving
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Highly organized with proficient time management skills
- Willingness to prospect
- Ability to fully service accounts
- MUST reside in Shreveport or surrounding areas. NO RELOCATION available.
- Associate's degree in a business related area and one year related food service experience preferred.
We will bring to the table:
EEO Statement: PERFORMANCE FOODSERVICE is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, the presence of mental, physical, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
- Health Benefits
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
- Training and tuition reimbursement
- And more
CareerBuilder - 9 months ago
When it's time to eat out, Performance Food Group (PFG) delivers. It's the #3 broadline foodservice distributor in the US (behind...