Rochester Electronics is a worldwide manufacturer and distributor of semiconductors. Headquartered in Newburyport, MA Rochester acquires technologies from leading edge suppliers and provides continuous production of mature components. Locations include Arizona, Maryland, California, United Kingdom, Germany, China and Japan. Rochester offers competitive compensation; excellent company funded health, dental, vision, life and long term care benefits; tremendous 401K and retirement profit sharing plans; state of the art company gym; friendly and professional work culture.
This position is open to U.S. citizens by birth or naturalization and U.S. nationals.
For consideration please upload your resume to our career portal www.rocelec.com/about/careers
Summary of Position
The Test Engineering Manager is accountable for project, resource and technical management related to all technical test and burn-in capabilities for Rochester manufactured products. The Test Engineering Manager demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this technical role, you will integrate and develop test/component processes and methodologies and manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise. Develop and support test solutions for complex semiconductors on automated test equipment. Responsible for applicable hardware/loadboard implementation and ongoing production product support. Candidate should have a background in analog/digital/memory/mixed signal test methodologies.
Essential Job Requirements
· Plan and oversee new semiconductor component development projects to include data analysis, test plan/flow, test procedure, test methodology, project management, test report preparation and failure investigation.
· Test hardware implementation and documentation.
· Product characterization and bench analysis.
· Documentation of product test requirements.
· Monitor and communicate project status, business issues and significant developments as appropriate.
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
· Detailed understanding of electronic components, component test methodology, diagnostic and debug techniques.
· General engineering knowledge of quality and reliability principles
.· Communicate technical issues with customers as required.
· Outstanding work ethic with a passion to meet commitments and schedules
.· Provide monthly engineering reports.
· Build and develop new capabilities, specifications & standards, personnel, and equipment to support company objectives
.· Responsible for the completion of annual performance reviews
.· Other duties as assigned.
BSEE or equivalent.
Five years electrical test engineering experience required.Four years of team and project leadership requiring advanced planning, project management, and building a strong engineering team.Able to troubleshoot electronic products, equipment & processes.Background in electronics with analog/digital/memory/mixed signal test methodologies.Experience in the management of test engineer’s and equipment in a semiconductor production environment.Must have the ability to understand trends in the market pertaining to automated test equipment (ATE) and methodologies and advise senior management.
Must be very organized and detail oriented. Requires moderate computer skills, familiarity with MS office products (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint), and ability to learn custom software. Must have high level programming knowledge and experience. Requires advanced MS Excel skills to include pivot tables and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming knowledge. Must be able to work with electronic bench equipment (meters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, signal generators, curve tracer, etc.) Must also have initiative and able to handle many active projects.
Ability to use electronic equipment with probes to sometimes include confined areas.Occasionally lifting, carrying objects weighing 25 lbs. or less.Occasionally pushing, pulling objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
Required to perform engineering math and theory commensurate with BSEE degree. Must be able to work in a production environment where priorities often change.Must be able to work under normal pressure situations and follow written and verbal instructions.
Component ATE, Component automated handling equipment, Temperature forcing equipment, basic lab equipment, burn-in chambers, personal computers, and telephone.
Will have direct reports in the Test Engineering area.
Will work mostly in a production environment surrounded by semiconductor test & burn-in equipment. Will be subject to equipment background noise.
Rochester Electronics - 12 months ago