Enterprise Infrastructure Tools Architect-INF0003886
Enterprise Infrastructure Tools Architect
About the General Motors Infrastructure Engineering team:
The Infrastructure Engineering team will be a key contributor to GMs plans for data center consolidation and agile processes to meet business demands by the automation of provisioning, orchestration, capacity management, asset management for IT infrastructure.
About the role:
As part of the Infrastructure engineering team, this role provides thought leadership and vision of the 3-5 year outlook of tools needed for converged infrastructure and open source. This role will also provide input into the design and architecture of HP tool suite deployment and integration with existing tools in order to facilitate automated provisioning and workflow in a fast paced environment of data center consolidation. Work closely with the operations teams to define requirements and develop automated solutions for infrastructure provisioning, systems management, orchestration, capacity management, asset management and workflow automation to encompass all infrastructure platforms (server/private cloud/storage/network) and data center and lab space management).
Integrate automated solutions for on-demand self-service provisioning/de-provisioning/leasing of the hosted infrastructure in both data centers and labs
Integrate automated solutions for OS provisioning/de-provisioning, policy based software deployment and patch management
Work with engineering teams to implement standardized OS gold builds to spec and monitor/report on adherence to standards and automate N+1 builds for future versions of OS builds.
Experience with data center consolidation projects and scaling infrastructure for enterprise demands with a focus on high availability.
- Demonstrated experience with Cloud (both external & internal) and deployment of infrastructure using Open Source (OpenStack as an example)
- Demonstrated experience and expertise implementing OS build plans, automated scripts, policies and audits
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in VM Ware automation, orchestration and disaster recovery tools (vSphere ESX, vCenter, Site Recovery Manager, vCenter Ops).
- Expert level proficiency in policy based provisioning, administration and management of Windows 32/64 bit, SUSE Linux and RHEL Operating Systems in virtual and physical environments
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in working with EMC Symmetrix, VMax/VPlex, Avomar and Data Domain environments and corresponding tools
- Effective leader and mentor with ability to initiate and establish solid working relationships with all infrastructure engineering, operations, application development and security teams
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in the administration of both internal and external clouds and management tools equal or similar to HP Server Automation platform, HP Cloud Service Automation, and HP Operations Orchestration in large scale environments (+10k operating systems)
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Posting Date : Jan 25, 2013, 5:18:37 PM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
General Motors - 14 months ago
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...