Responsible for overall account management aspects for large service oriented business; provides loss control expertise and support in the areas of marketing research, risk selection, and solicitation of desirable classes of business within the Zonal environment; provides technical recommendations regarding account selection and criteria for risk quality; works directly with customers and agents to retain accounts and improve results; may have lead responsibilities.
**Territory is East Bay and North Central Valley and overnight travel consists of 2-3 days once every 6 months.**
Essential Job Functions
- Provides service on large accounts (i.e. accounts with multiple locations or multiple operations); manages relationship with these accounts across Zones and determines corporate service needs; identifies loss trends.
- Coordinate and monitor delivery and costs of various services to accounts.
- Communicate information on accounts to all locations, including corporate office.
- Develops report formats/loss control tools appropriate for account; prepares and communicates comprehensive account information to insured corporate level and management team.
- Helps develop service intensive groups.
- Designs, develops, organizes and conducts training and staff development programs for internal and external customers.
- Attends and participates in business meetings.
- Participates in joint calls with underwriting to agents and customers.
- Completes research and support for programs from HO as requested.
- Acts as resource for other staff members.
- Perform other functions as assigned.
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- 5 to 7 years safety experience within insurance in loss control capacity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment
- CSP or similar safety designation, CRM, ARM, ALCM designation preferred
- Industrial hygiene and ergonomics experience desired
- Fleet or trucking experience desired
- Candidate qualifications may be reviewed against the requirements for the associated levels of this position’s core function
Besides some office sedentary work, job duties require some or all of the following physical activities: lifting and/or carrying up to 40 lbs., seeing, speaking, hearing, walking, standing and occasional operation of a motor vehicle.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, with exposure to some or all of the following when visiting accounts: uncontrolled outside environmental conditions, excessive noise levels, chemicals, moving mechanical parts, areas considered to be dangerous, conditions which could affect the respiratory system or skin such as: fumes, odors, dust, gases, oils or poor ventilation.
- Four-year college degree in a technical area such as science or engineering or business.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), CPCU or equivalent.
- Must have general underwriting knowledge of risk selection guidelines, and coverage implications of products sold.
- Must be actively pursuing technical designations such as CRM, ARM, CPCU or other risk management and underwriting certifications.
Ten years of commercial insurance carrier experience and ten years in the loss control or risk management fields in non-clerical roles.
Special Skill Requirement
- Effective verbal/written communication skills including the ability to communicate abstract ideas to agents, customers, underwriters, district managers, state executives and all other levels of corporate management.
- Industry or line-of-business expertise, however, must be able to service all areas.
- Account relationship and management skills.
- Working knowledge on the application of software programs for the servicing and management of service-oriented accounts.
- Proficient in application of engineering and science technology relating to surveys and underwriting concerns.
- Competent in applicable local, state and federal codes and standards; (i.e., fire, building, OSHA, life safety, Product Safety Commission, etc.).
- Good communication and negotiation skills to work with and convince customers to make changes which will reduce hazards.
Farmers Insurance Group - 6 months ago
Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of other...