Technical Lead Airworthiness-WIC02161
At Bombardier, 65,400 employees in 23 countries work together to move people forward around the globe-one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
The Airworthiness Technical Lead is responsible for the overall leadership and performance of the Airworthiness
certification and core team members to ensure Business Unit requirements are met. This includes certification activity
related to domestic and foreign deliveries of the Learjet product line, as well as activity related to Airworthiness
process/tool development and training.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Direct supervision of Airworthiness team members including maintaining a clear definition of roles and responsibilities and work assignments.
- Responsible for employee development, as well as adherence to the PMP process.
- Responsible for project bidding and prioritization of work on daily basis.
- Provides resources to support organization in domestic and foreign certification of design changes/new product development.
- Facilitates organizational delegation (ODA) activities and expansion.
- Supports the development of systems and processes to improve effectiveness of certification processes.
- Ensures training is available to external personnel and/or organizations involved with the certification process.
- Supports Airworthiness Manager in strategic planning, resource/budget forecasts and continuous improvement initiatives.
As our ideal candidate, you will have the following:
- Applicant must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and at least 8 years aeronautical experience highly desired or other industry experience in regulatory/compliance environment will be considered.
- Must have previous experience in managing or supervising employees and developing individuals and teams.
- Familiarity with certification requirements and procedures is required. Direct experience in type certification of aircraft or prior Airworthiness experience is preferable.
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with senior level technical and management personnel at various sites.
- Must also have previous experience in organizing meetings, conducting training and leading projects.
- This is a challenging and diverse high energy job that requires ability to manage multiple priorities.
- You must have strong leadership abilities.
- You must also demonstrate a strong ability to delegate and organize resources to meet your commitments
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access is required.
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to watch our website and apply for additional positions that you are qualified for and may be of interest to you.
Primary Location: US-KS-Wichita
Zip Code US
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 22.02.2013, 2:36:32 PM
Bombardier - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
At Bombardier, our 76,400 employees work together to evolve mobility – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll...