1. Must be at work on a regular and predictable basis or as scheduled.
2. Operate cash register. Identify and locate the bar codes on items and correctly scan the codes. When the price code is illegible or missing, cashiers must obtain assistance for price checks and manually enter the price and SKU information. Cashiers reconcile their own cash drawer at the beginning of each shift and may be held responsible for any overages or shortages in accordance with company policy.
3. Process guest payments. Process all forms of guest payments accepted by the store, including cash, checks, gift cards and credit cards. Payment processing duties include counting cash and making change, verifying credit cards and completing credit card receipts, communicating with guests to obtain identification such as driver’s licenses, and verifying and recording guest identification on checks, and obtaining check authorization as required.
4. Sack merchandise. Remove store hangers, neatly fold appropriate items, box merchandise if requested and place merchandise into the proper size sack.
5. Handle guest inquiries. Understand basic guest inquiries about the location and price of merchandise, sale items, payment methods and related inquiries, and promptly communicate responses that are understandable by guests.
6. Acknowledge and greet in a pleasant and courteous fashion all guests as they approach the register. Upon the conclusion of each transaction, cashier must thank guests for shopping at our stores.
7. Detect common signs of ticket switching, mis-mated merchandise, shoplifting, theft and other security risks involving guests and associates. Promptly communicate potential problems to store management or loss control.
8. Follow company policies and procedures and maintain a safe work environment.
Education and Qualifications
1. Ability to sufficiently understand the English language in order to communicate with individuals at all levels in the company and with various business contacts outside of the company in an articulate, professional manner. Ability to read price tag information; ability to read guest checks, guest identification and similar written materials.
2. Basic English language writing skills for completion of payment processing, guest checks and void paperwork on void transactions.
3. Basic mathematical skills, including addition and subtraction, necessary to verify cash register functions and to make proper change form cash payment.
4. Ability to grasp and lift or otherwise move merchandise weighing up to ten pounds a distance of two feet along a checkout counter.
5. Sufficient manual dexterity in at least one hand to be able to operate all cash registers and electronic equipment and manually complete paperwork such as recording guest identification on checks.
6. Visual ability, corrected, to enable cashier to observe and detect signs of shoplifting or dangerous behavior at a distance of 30 yards and to verify guest identification at a close range.
7. Ability to stand and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for up to a seven and one-half hour shift, with two fifteen minute breaks and one half hour meal break.
8. Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately with minimal direct supervision within two weeks after beginning work.
Gordmans is an equal opportunity employer
Gordmans - 8 months ago
Midwestern shoppers head to Gordmans Stores for deeply-discounted fashionable apparel and home décor. The department store chain operates...