Are you an experienced Software Developer who has an eye for automation and quality. Are you passionate about Linux and/or Benchmarks? Then this is the job for you.
The team is responsible for qualifying the OS platform that is used to support the Amazon's server infrastructure. This includes qualifying both new software and new hardware. The team is also responsible for automating the qualification of this platform and releasing the platform to production.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Software Developer to join the team. We are looking for someone to come in and help design and develop the automation needed for a “no touch” platform qualification. This Qualification is functional as well as performance based. Most of our tools are currently written in Python, but we do have some in Java and Perl.
The position is located in Seattle, WA.
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years experience for every 1 year of education
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- A good engineer will demonstrate that they can proactively and continually improve their level of knowledge about Amazon’s business and relevant technologies, and use this knowledge to deliver high quality, accurate software deliverables.
- Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience automating qualification tests
- Understanding of performance testing
- Able to analyze testing data using standard statistics formulas
- Experience qualifying new hardware on Linux
Amazon.com - 12 months ago
Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United...