The supervisor is responsible for the selection, training, performance and schedules of assigned staff. The supervisory duties include monitoring of overall services, developing quality and performance indicators, gathering data for analysis as well as ensuring continuous improvement to optimize patient care and stewardship of resources. The supervisor is responsible for coordinating a variety of processes within Patient Registration relating to hospital admissions and discharges; including patient registration and financial counseling, insurance verification and bed control, patient transport and information services and other related functions.
1.Supervises the Patient Access staff including scheduling, training, education coaching and mentoring. Responsible for hiring, training, performance evaluations, schedules, act upon leave requests, time cards and participation in corrective actions of assigned staff. Provides input related to hiring/termination decisions, performance management, salary increases and other personnel actions.
2.Coordinates the admitting process with medical, nursing and accounting staff to ensure appropriate placement of patients and compliance with third-party payers and other regulations; process patient transfers and discharges according to established guidelines.
3.Works with leadership to evaluate workflow, resources, equipment and expenditures, makes recommendations for enhancements, purchases, streamlining processes and procedures.
4.Performs work in accordance with regulatory requirements, policies/procedures and departmental standards in regards to HIPAA and other government requirements. Maintains liaison with insurance companies, health maintenance organizations, managed care contract companies and the third parties to obtain insurance verification data and pre-certification approval for admissions; maintains liaison with physicians, nurses and administrative staff to resolve problems. Oversees staff to ensure their work is in compliance.
5.Works with leadership to establish quality standards, develops policies, procedures, budget, and enhancements to daily operations of department. Works with leadership to develop orientation, training and monitoring programs. Monitors productivity of assigned staff.
6.May perform the work of assigned staff occasionally perform the duties of staff in order to maintain customer service and productivity standards during busy period or when short-staffed.
7.Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Minimum four years of experience in a health care setting involving customer service to become knowledgeable in practices involved in patient admissions and financial counseling and/or coordination of services related to insurance verification, bed control, patient information and transport REQUIRED.
- Work requires knowledge of general business principles usually acquired through two years post-secondary education in accounting or a related business field; or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience will also be considered.
- Computer experience with standard software programs REQUIRED (ie. Microsoft Office). Working knowledge of standard office equipment such as facsimiles, photo copiers, multi-line phones, etc.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal REQUIRED
- Minimum 2 years leadership experience strongly preferred
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. Caregivers of PeaceHealth embrace the spirit of these words and share our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, and are willing to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
- Patient Customer Service and Order Entry
- Insurance Reimbursement and Billing Support
- Client Customer Service and Cash Receipts Processing
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregiver assigned to this job.
To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn !
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Washington, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon,...