Standard Job Description:|
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Specific Job Description:
This position will support the Mission Operations and Engineering team. Responsibilities include direct communication and coordination with customers, internal and external SI support groups, other contractors and leadership of a geographically separated team of senior systems engineers; providing direct engineering and analysis support to a weekly Engineering Review Board. Provide engineering support; interfacing with and providing project recommendations to SI analysts; direct interface with ground station systems engineers. The candidate will possess an intermediate level of domain knowledge and experience with legacy and planned programs, operations, engineering and SI processes sufficient to relate hardware design features to potential operability issues. Operational ground station experience supporting assets and hands on mission operations experience is a plus. Spacecraft factory engineering development experience is especially needed. It is critical that the candidate possess highly developed customer intimacy skills and be self-motivated. Candidate will be expected to bring their expertise to bear across multiple programs and projects. Support to company program capture and growth initiatives is expected.
- An Active TS/SCI is required for consideration*
- General and customer-specific Systems Engineering principles
- Strong project planning, communication and organizational skills
- Site Surveys, Test, transition and installation practices to include Transition Activity Plan (TAP) generation and Detailed Test Plan (DTP) generation
- Requirements generation and RFC evaluation, Configuration Management, and Baseline Management
- Mission performance analysis (modeling and simulation)
- Facilities engineering and planning (Power, Space and Cooling management)
- Scheduling (including schedule analysis)
- Strategic Planning (conops development, architecture projection & impact analysis)
- Mission planning across multiple INTs
- Metrics generation, trending, analysis and reporting
- Experience in the following technology domains: collection, C2, Processing, MM, MP, P&S, etc.
- Proactively identifying latent issues and assessing the cost/benefit of correcting such issues
- Experience across multiple INTs
- Managing multiple tasks at once and a willingness to work in a fast-paced priority-driven environment,
- Proven customer interface abilities, able to quickly determine the customers need and priority, and provide unique solutions and alternatives for efficient resolutions.
Excellent diplomatic skills and experience working with end customers as well as program management and other team members. A self-starter requiring little/no supervision on a day-to-day basis, functions effectively in an integrated team environment. Strong interpersonal skills, a demonstrated ability to obtain broad buy-in and commitment to new technical directions through influencing and involving key stakeholders, intellectual integrity in decision-making. Knowledge of the Systems Engineering “V” and project lifecycle.
The IS Organization is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/V/D.
The SI Organization, Inc. - 2 years ago