ACT is an independent, not-for-profit organization that provides a broad array of assessment, research, information, and program management solutions in the areas of education and workforce development. Each year, ACT serves millions of people in high schools, colleges, professional associations, businesses, and government agencies—nationally and internationally.
Learn more at act.org !
Provide Tier-1 hardware and software support for ACT desktop technology users. Provide support remotely and directly at the workstation.
Typical work-related activities include:
- Perform basic and intermediate troubleshooting, diagnostic analysis, and replication of technical problems with applications and hardware.
- Provide technical support remotely, over the phone, via email, or on-site to efficiently and effectively resolve user desktop technical issues. Escalate issues that cannot be resolved within agreed timescales or capabilities.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, order, install, and upgrade equipment for warranty and non-warranty devices.
- Provide hardware support for Dell workstations, Dell laptops, Mac workstations and Mac laptops.
- Install and test workstation hardware and operating systems software configurations.
- Configure workstations for network access and perform connectivity testing.
- Install, modify or remove workstation hardware and software components upon request.
- Decommission and cleanse workstation hardware and related software and data upon request.
- Update work orders and ensure current status is reflected. Monitor and expedite work orders as appropriate to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Identify client required pre-requisites for obtaining desktop support services as well as any post requisite activities once services are delivered.
- Assist with the maintenance of workstation assets slated for renewal or retirement and coordinate activities with clients to initiate those actions.
- Maintain a current technical understanding of mobile devices, desktop, network, printing, and audio/visual environments to facilitate efficient and effective resolution of user problems and be technically competent to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues.
- Interact with vendors to resolve user issues and warranty repairs.
- Participate in on-call rotation support.
- Assist with special projects.
- Assist in maintaining procedures on department, area, and corporate policies.
Associate’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science. 1 to 2 years of experience in an information technology environment required with proficiency with hardware and software troubleshooting or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
Starting salary commensurate with qualifications. Excellent benefits and work environment.
Completion of the ACT National Career Readiness Certificate is recommended. Find a test site near you to register for the WorkKeys assessments. Finalists for this position will be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check as a condition of employment.
ACT is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in people and ideas. ACT participates in E-Verify . ACT's online position announcements are intended only to provide general descriptions of employment opportunities; none of the information provided for any position should be interpreted as a commitment by ACT to specific terms and conditions for employment.
ACT - 17 months ago