Provides Fire Protection Engineering and Consulting Services to clients by applying intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering or building Code principles and practices.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Meet client needs and expectations by completing tasks in the time allotted and within budget; tracking and documenting time spent on assigned tasks and duties.
- As a Project Manager, establish scope, budgets and schedules for projects.
- Utilize company provided systems, reports and software to manage project budgets, invoicing, and collections efforts on projects managed.
- Delegate tasks to other team members, who may include Associates, Technicians, Consultants, Senior Consultants and others.
- Maintain day-to-day contact with clients and resolve any client issues. Keep office Operations Manager informed of client/project related challenges.
- Analyze and review work product of team members.
- Mentor Associates on various building Code, fire protection and life safety systems and assist in training.
- Perform effective peer review of works prepared by others.
- Perform advanced calculations and analysis of building code issues and/or FP systems.
- Apply technology and experience to projects in order to meet client needs and expectations within budgets.
- Meet and conduct discussions with government entities.
- Develop client relationships that lead to sales opportunities and successes.
- Research and document alternative methods and equivalencies.
- Attend and participate in various local and national organizations.
- Attend tradeshows; write papers or articles for publishing; offer talks and presentations.
- Member of a Professional Society: NFPA, SFPE, AIA etc.
- CADD, computer modeling knowledge.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Write reports that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Effectively present information to top management, public groups, government authorities and clients.
- Apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Responsible self-starter with problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Intermediate personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Three to five years experience in the application of the Building Code and/or fire protection technology or a related field.
- Client recognition and demonstrated depth of expertise in one or more major areas of the company’s practice.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; or
- Three years of related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- EIT preferred
- PE license or other certification such as CBO, CFPS, ICC Certified Plans Reviewer or NICET, Level III minimum.
Rolf Jensen & Associates, Inc. - 2 years ago