We’re looking for a Linux Systems Administrator / Open Source Guru to join our growing Online Services team. As the go-to Linux person, you’ll have the opportunity to pave the way for open source technologies at Practice Fusion. You will work with our DevOps team to provide developers a continuous delivery pipeline to production services, and architect solutions that guarantee service levels throughout the enterprise.
Ideal qualities include:
Strong in all pillars of system administration - Provisioning, monitoring, security and disaster recovery backup.
Able to design, configure, tune and maintain open source platforms including CentOS, Solr, Active MQ, Nginx, TomCat, Unicorn, ZooKeeper, and NFS.
Someone who thrives in a rapid paced environment and loves new challenges.
Lazy enough to script actions he/she has to do twice.
Knowledgeable in VMware but would love to dabble in KVM and other open source technologies.
Someone who can maintain a Chef pipeline that provides developers with continual delivery
Understands the advantage of hybrid cloud environments and can make architectural recommendations accordingly.
Incredibly detail oriented and thorough.
Not afraid to get their hands dirty with a little data center work now and then.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related discipline
- 4+ years installing, scripting, and scaling Linux servers in an enterprise or online environment
- 2+ years supporting mission critical applications
- Experience with Chef preferred
- Experience with Ruby, PowerShell, Windows, AWS, Enterprise storage solutions a big plus
Practice Fusion - 7 months ago