Assistant Chief Engineer - Union
Maintain the integrity and efficient operation of all building systems, provide services to tenants, supervise work of other engineering staff, and operate the building in an efficient manner.
- Assist overseeing the day to day efficient operation and maintenance of all base building equipment ensuring all systems are maintained in first class condition. Building systems may include HVAC, water treatment program, electrical, lighting, plumbing, elevator, energy management, fire protection, structural, hardware and keying.
- Assign daily work orders and efficiently manage assigned staff that may include Building Engineer Helpers and Building Engineers. Provide training to staff.
- Assist in maintaining a documented preventative maintenance and service call program for all building systems. Organize and maintain comprehensive record files consisting of operations and maintenance manuals, blueprints (tenant and base building), loss prevention activities, cleaning and elevator maintenance, safety training, material safety data and other pertinent documents.
- Assist in the review of tenant and base building renovation plans and specifications, providing comments relating to design problems or conflicts to existing building systems or structures. Regularly inspect machinery and electrical rooms and all other work areas to ensure safe working
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining logbook of all tenant HVAC systems connected to building condenser water systems.
- Assist with supervision of maintenance and shut down of all sprinkler and associated systems.
- Practice emergency operational procedures with staff such as equipment changeover, isolation of electrical and water systems, fire, bomb threat, evacuation, power outages, severe weather emergency conditions, etc.
- Assist with ensuring all contracted maintenance, repair or construction activities conform to established building policies and standards. Inform Chief Engineer of all defective or nonconforming conditions.
- Assist in maintaining all applicable paperwork including purchase order requests and provide appropriate backup for accounting reconciliation. Review and forward completed service request and work order forms per established procedures.
- Interface with and provide technical support to the Fire Safety Director in regard to fire safety and emergency responses.
- Maintain an inventory of spare parts and maintenance supplies.
- Promote and contribute toward overall effort in maintaining a high standard in the operation and appearance of the building(s) and grounds as well as positive tenant relations through daily work practices.
- Assist the Chief Engineer/Property Manager in administrative functions.
- Maintain liaison with tenant representatives and review staff response to all tenant requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Pursuant to the terms of the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement:
- The Union shall have five (5) business days to supply qualified candidates for this position
- An individual selected to fill this position must become a
member of the Union after the thirtieth day
- A high school diploma or equivalent educational certification preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of operational experience and/or experience in a related building trade with not less than 2 years of direct supervisory experience in a high rise office building.
- Possess, maintain, or obtain all licenses required by code, including but not limited to:
- NYC Refrigeration License
- Standpipe and Sprinkler Permit
- Fire Safety Director Certificate
- Real Property Administrator
- In depth knowledge of mechanical, HVAC, control electrical and plumbing systems.
- Computer skills – Building Automation Systems, Microsoft Windows, Excel and Lotus Notes knowledge.
- Strong technical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as a productive member of a team.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently, set priorities and motivate others.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Familiarity with OSHA.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks as well as push and pull objects and grasp with hands.
- Regularly required to talk and hear and occasionally required to taste and smell.
- Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance, climb stairs and ladders, work at heights and in environments with temperature ranges while working outside and inside.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally required to lift/move 50+ pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
- Involves movement between departments, buildings, and floors to facilitate work.
Boston Properties Limited Partnership (BPLP) is a full-service real estate company with in-house expertise and resources in acquisitions,...