Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world’s leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum helps protect more than 25 million working people and their families in the event of illness or injury.
Headquartered in Chattanooga Tennessee, Unum has significant U.S. operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts and Glendale, California with 35 field offices nationwide.
This position will provide significant leadership to the transformational model development
work that is underway. The new Prophet financial modeling platform is now Unum’s financial projection and valuation system of choice.
The position reports to the VP – Risk Modeling and Financial Planning and focuses on delivering new financial projection capability by implementing the Prophet system. The vision is to ensure consistency across all financial functions through effective system consolidation. Establishing strong governance procedures is also crucial. A holistic approach that includes attention to the data, modeling platform and business needs is a critical success factor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive and manage new model development for multiple product lines and financial functions
- Engage with partners within Finance and in other business areas (e.g. Benefits, Underwriting) to understand business needs with regard to model development
- Take a lead role in effectively planning major projects involving various areas within the company
- Become an expert on the Prophet modeling platform
- Assist in the design of new processes and controls required as a result of the new modeling platform
- Assist in the design and development of data processes to ensure that input and output data needs are satisfied
- Effectively communicate project plans and ongoing progress to key stakeholders
- Effectively represent the model development area on cross-functional task forces
- May perform other duties as assigned
Unum offers world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
- Bachelors degree required
- At least six years of relevant modeling experience and a subject matter expert
- Strong problem solving ability and project management skills
- Sound business judgment
- Solid financial services operational knowledge and strong insurance acumen.
- Hands on experience with current technology - Excel, modeling software, database utilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, includes technical writing skills
- Experience supporting senior officer level managers – able to work in a fast paced, continuously changing environment; flexibility in work schedule
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organization and management team
- Meets the expectations for this position as defined in the Talent Management framework
Unum provides equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees regardless of a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company is a market leader in providing benefits solutions in one neat package: excellence in...