Be part of helping change the world one bold idea at a time. You can help drive the change that improves the health care system for the benefit of millions.
This business development position reports to the Central Regional Vice President for Business Development and will be responsible for the following:
-Providing support to Regional President and Plan Presidents in multiple markets with policy technical expertise to identify and develop individual market growth opportunities, including preparing presentations for meetings with state Medicaid policymakers
- Providing support to Regional President and Plan Presidents in multiple markets to develop strategic relationships and identify opportunities for strategic partnerships with key stakeholders, e.g. providers, members, professional associations, aging experts, disability advocates, etc., to execute growth opportunity strategies.
- Providing support to Regional President and Plan Presidents by working with Government Affairs to help develop legislative strategies, to be implemented by Government Affairs, to promote growth opportunities
Qualifications - External
- Ability to engage multiple business segments to support state program development
-Experience in evaluating complex opportunities and providing organizational oversight to develop business solutions for such opportunities
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with the Medicaid Program, including waiver programs and Medicaid managed care are essential.
- Experience in working with senior state Medicaid officials in a state governmental agency, consulting, managed care
organization or other related business capacity is required.
- Experience working within a managed care organization, Medicaid health plan consulting experience or Medicaid state agency experience is required.
10 years experience in presenting and influencing senior leadership
10 years experience using influencing, collaboration and listening skills.
10 years experience in a deadline driven environment
Proficiency in Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
-Proven ability to identify policy makers, stakeholders, and advocates is required
-Proven ability to develop strong, lasting relationships that result in favorable business opportunities and alignment of
public policy to support business needs required
-Advanced degree preferred - MPA, MPH, MBA, JD
-Willingness to travel with in the region as required. May be up to 30%
- Location in the central region is required.
UnitedHealth Group - 7 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...