Suburban Propane is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in propane, fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. Suburban maintains business operations in 30 states, providing prompt, reliable service to approximately 750,000 residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers through more than 300 locations.
Position Summary :
Suburban Propane’s Corporate Headquarters located in Whippany, NJ, currently has an opening in our Tax Department (Excise taxes) for a Staff Accountant . In this role, the select individual will be primarily responsible for filing various Tax returns and performing audits.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Audit preparation and tax returns
- Tax assessment interpretation
- Research relevant tax issues utilizing various media when required
- Communicate effectively and knowledgeably with state and local taxing authorities, corporate and field personnel
- Perform account reconciliations as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in experience
- Proficiency in Excel and other MS Office programs
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Able to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities
Suburban places a great importance in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with an incentive and benefits package, including 401K and a generous tuition assistance program. For more information, please visit us at: www.suburbanpropane.jobs .
Background checks and drug screens are performed as part of our pre-employment process.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable laws.
Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
Suburban Propane - 22 months ago
Ranch-style homes are heated and backyard barbecues fueled by Suburban Propane Partners, a leading US retail propane marketer which competes...