POSITION SUMMARY : Serves as classroom teacher at assigned campus responsible for planning and successful delivery of academic instruction which shape and support the academic, personal and social development of assigned students (our customers). Works in a manner that reflects a standard of excellence in achieving goals.
The Teacher is responsible for planning and successful delivery of academic instruction to students (our customers) in accordance with the mission, vision, philosophy and policies of Cornerstone Charter Schools.
The Teacher performance measures shall be:
- Quality of student activities including alignment with organization and state standards, student engagement in learning, etc.
- Classroom management
- Classroom environment
- Student achievement growth versus target
- Student attendance versus target
- Student retention versus target
- Customer and stakeholder satisfaction – primarily as measured by surveys
CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED UNLESS THEY APPLY DIRECTLY THROUGH OUR WEBSITE
- Rapport with students, parents, staff and others
- Demonstrated knowledge of assigned content area(s) including appropriate instructional strategies and available resources
CRITICAL WORK :
The Teacher will be responsible for:
- Modeling the “Cornerstone Way”
- Developing and implementing course objectives and outlines which provide appropriate student learning experiences
- Planning and executing individual and group activities that stimulate growth in the cognitive, affective and physical dimensions of each student
- Engaging students in learning
- Utilizing a variety of instructional materials/resources and multiple strategies, including technology, to enhance student learning
- Establishing and maintaining an orderly and supportive classroom environment that maximizes student learning
- Preparing and maintaining accurate and complete student records
- Assigning work to and supervising assigned Teacher Assistant(s)
- Consistently maintaining work habits, appearance and behavior that serve as a positive model for students
- Participating in professional development opportunities
You must visit our website: http://cornerstonecharters.org/jointheteam.html and apply to be considered for this position.
- Continually communicating with students on instructional expectations and their progress in meeting those expectations
- Assuring continuous communication with parents/guardians to keep them informed of the progress of their child
- Maintaining positive student, parent, staff and other key stakeholder relationships
- Possesses attributes inherent in the Cornerstone Way
- Bachelor’s degree in Education is required. Master’s degree preferred
- Certification, licensure and registrations as required by the Michigan Department of Education for teachers
- Demonstrated knowledge of content, curriculum, methods, materials and resources of assigned instructional specialty
- Analytical ability to plan individual and group activities that stimulate growth in the cognitive, affective and physical dimensions of each student
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an incumbent in this job and the qualifications needed. The job description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all qualifications that may be required.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective relationships students, parents/guardians, and other staff
- Ability to plan and oversee the work of others
- Complies with Michigan teacher continuing education requirements
- Baldrige experience considered a real value