The mission of Harvard Business School (HBS) is to educate leaders who make a difference in the world. For nearly a century, faculty have drawn on their passion for teaching, their experience in working with organizations, and the insights gained from their research to educate generations of leaders who have shaped the practice of business in every industry and in every country.
Join us in making business education available to the world!
HBS is assembling a team to assess and implement delivery methods for on-line learning so as to enhance our ability to disseminate the work of our faculty to business practitioners around the world.
To that end we are looking for an individual passionate about delivering quality software in the role of a Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer (SQAE). The SQAE is a member of the software development team and has the following responsibilities:
Please note: this is initially a 3-year appointment with the possibility of renewal.
- Writing test plans
- Writing and executing automatic and manual tests
- Managing configurations, releases, and deployments
- Contributing to the SDLC (planning, development, testing, deployment, issue resolution, etc.) with a solid understanding of end-to-end software development in a distributed, multi-tier, enterprise environment and how quality is realized at different layers
- Generating quality metrics and reports
- 5+ years of software quality assurance experience with demonstrable technical leadership in cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area, or equivalent
- Ability to balance multiple projects
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with agile software development methodology
- Proficiency in functional and non-functional test case creation, execution and documentation with expertise in the use of test automation (e.g., Selenium), performance testing (e.g., jMeter, Grinder), and issue tracking (e.g., Bugzilla) tools
- Familiarity with Java, Python, Django, AWS, and *nix platforms Ability to work with remote teams and flexibility to handle changing priorities
- Exposure to Web 2.0 technologies and how they impact testing
If you join us, here are qualities everyone on the team, including you, will share!
- Extremely high quality standards.
- Proven ability to work with shifting priorities and under tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Enjoy working both independently and as a team member.
- Eager to thrive in a start-up environment where the work will change steadily.
- Enjoys working as part of a lean team and pitching in to accomplish an evolving agenda.
- Brings a “no job is too big or small” philosophy to work.
Harvard University - 10 months ago