If you are an experienced software development engineer who is passionate about Linux, servers, automation, scalability, performance, and cloud computing, then this is the job for you.
The Compute Engineering Software Tools team supports fleet-wide telemetry and software tools for the server platforms that run the Amazon E-Commerce platform and Amazon Web Services. We’re a small aggressive team that makes things happen, with a preference for building tools and automation whenever possible to do builds, testing, deployment, monitoring, and support. You will create software to interface with servers running Linux to collect hardware information, design and implement test automation, and create tools to monitor the quality of the installed fleet. You have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you will be constantly looking for ways to improve your products by tracking and analyzing the performance of devices in-use.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Linux Software Development Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience developing solutions in Python and C. Knowledge and experience of C++, Java, or Ruby are a plus. The ideal candidate will be knowledgable of the Linux operating system and user-level tools, and are confident using and configuring Linux installers and build tools. Specific in depth knowledge of the use, design, and development of Xen and Linux kernel internals is a plus for this role. Datacenter or hardware design/test background is also a plus.
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years of industry experience focused on Linux.
- Expert C programmer.
- Proficiency in using the typical Linux toolbox of open source software and management tools.
- Scripting proficiency with shell and either Perl or Python.
- Knowledge of VCS (git, mercurial, svn)
- Solid understanding of how commodity servers, operating systems and networks function, perform and scale
- Solid understanding of standard internet protocols (Ethernet, ARP, IP, ICMP, UDP, TCP, SSL, DNS, HTTP, etc.)
- Strong system troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrable grasp of security best practices in server configuration, tool development, and access controls
- Experience deploying or managing servers in large-scale, geographically diverse environments
- Understanding & experience of managing and monitoring large scale disk sub-systems
- Knowledge of & experience deploying and operating Linux or other UNIX variants in a datacenter environment
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...