Job Requirement : Title: Ruby / LAMP Senior Software Engineer/4 open positions
Location: Los Gatos, CA - 950323
Salary: Open and flexible depending on experience
Bonus Eligible: Yes
Experience: 7+ years
This is a great time to join this startup in Los Gatos, CA that recently landed over $14M in Series A Financing. We have a great product, great vision, and the money to turn it into reality; all that is missing is you!
We are looking for a rock star software engineer to help us build the next generation of online learning platforms - someone who has helped build large scale, high availability, consumer-facing websites.
If you know LAMP, Ruby, Rails, OO design, have a passion for high performance, and love IaaS / PaaS / SaaS - this is a terrific opportunity for you.
Get in on the ground floor of an exciting new startup; make a huge immediate impact; and shape the design and future of the product and the engineering team.
- Make key platform, framework and code decisions across multiple service components
- Work with the Product Director to translate business needs into well-defined and scoped functionality
- Implement new functionality and improve existing infrastructure
- Help recruit and hire other engineers, and mentor junior engineers
The perfect candidate is someone who has been a developer for large scale, high availability, customer facing websites like: Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Google, Netflix, Yahoo, Zynga, etc. Someone with at least 3 years of Ruby and LAMP.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years building proven and scalable consumer facing websites
- Expert knowledge of PHP or Ruby-on-Rails, working knowledge of others
- Strong knowledge of AWS (EC2, S3, etc.) APIs and how to implement them
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for engineering
- Ability to work outside of your comfort zone and get things done quickly
- Ability to understand that business needs may shift, and adjust your priorities accordingly
HotRecruiter.com - 12 months ago