Facility: Grove U.S.L.L.C.
Senior Test Engineer (off-highway mobile hydraulic construction equipment)
Job ID 5370
Job Number 012599
Location US - Shady Grove, PA
Facility Grove U.S.L.L.C.
Employment Type Regular/Full-Time
Education Required Bachelors Degree
Languages Required English only
Experience Required 5 - 7 Years
Relocation Provided Yes
General Job Objective
Manitowoc Cranes, a global leader in lifting solutions is seeking a detail oriented Senior Test Engineer, (off-highway mobile hydraulic construction equipment) to join its team. Key responsibilities of this position include supporting the development and implementation of the verification programs at the Product Verification Center. The Senior Test Engineer would possess the experience and skills required for a particular area of expertise (Electrical/Software, Hydraulic, Mechanical, Structural, Materials, Product and Test Specifications and Procedures) within the verification programs. This individual would be responsible for analysis of test results, and implementation of test standards and procedures. Training/Mentoring Test Engineers. This position is very hands on. Reporting directly to the Manager of Product Testing, this position is based in Shady Grove, PA.
Essential Job Functions
Job Requirements/Working Conditions
- Verification testing of predominately off-highway mobile hydraulic construction equipment
- Manage workload with multiple projects applying engineering principles to analyze, plan, develop, implement and evaluate testing solutions
- Support test specifications design to assure that Manitowoc products are built and verified to the highest standards
- Test construction equipment in actual or simulated field or lab conditions
- Continuously improve test procedures and methods for all product testing
- Document and maintain accurate, comprehensive test report records and summaries for tested machines
- Perform failure analysis and related techniques in support of Manitowoc testing programs
- Mentor, direct, and train test engineers and technicians
- Prepare analysis, test, performance, schedule, and cost information as required in assigned area of responsibility
- Bachelor's degree in engineering with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- 10+ years Test and/or design experience with off road, construction or agricultural equipment will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Hydraulic design experience in off-highway/agricultural preferred
- Establish and implement test methods to ensure early identification of potential problems with new and existing products and processes
- Experience evaluating product designs and product performance requirements to determine testing requirements
- Experience using and understanding hydraulic and electric schematics
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical systems and electrical interface requirements to use in analysis of equipment test setups
- Fluent in operation of tools used for testing such as DMM, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, function generator, power supplies, etc.
- Experience with MTS systems a plus
The Manitowoc Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply. EEO Statement
CareerBuilder - 12 months ago
The Manitowoc Company, Inc. diversified industrial manufacturer in three principal markets: Cranes and Related Products (Crane), Foodservice...