5Conf Call Notes (Ideal)
1. if there answer is not 50-100 per day, they aren't a fit
- Need people who are doing daily coding in Python.
- Wants us to ask people - "how much hands-on actual lines of code do you write per day"
2. if they waffle or say their team does most of it, they aren't a fit
3. needs coders
BACK END POSITION
- Ideally want to build FTE staff so ideally they want contract to hire, but not required.
- Develop and maintain the frameworks for mobile and desktop websites, APIs, scheduled jobs, and internal tools and dashboards
- Identify and solve scalability and performance issues
- Help determine feasibility of product requests, architecture, and time estimates
- Work closely with project and product managers to drive technical requirements in products
- Perform and participate in design and code reviews
- Mentor fellow developers
- Contribute to the technical code and design documentation
- Provide escalation support for production issues
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field of study, or exemplary relevant experience
- 4+ years experience building and deploying scalable Internet applications
- Mastery of shell tools in Linux: RedHat (CentOS), Debian (Ubuntu)
- Mastery of Python, and experience with related development libraries
- Practical experience with RDBMS databases: SQL, table design, PLSQL, views, indexing, optimization
- Vigilant use version control management: git, Subversion
- Practical experience with HTTP servers: Apache, nginx
- Working knowledge of agile software development practices
- Familiarity with the Django or Pylons frameworks, and writing WSGI compliant middleware
- Familiarity with Python dev and deployment tools: virtualenv, pip, distribute, Fabric
- Experiencing using Cython to integrate with lower level software
- Experience with queuing and caching: Celery, memcache
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases: MongoDB, Riak, Dynamo
Key Business Solutions, Inc.
|| Office: 916 646 2080 Ext 223 || Fax: 916 646 2081 || Email: email@example.com || Website: www.key-soft.com ||