Conducts surveillance so as to provide a safe and secure environment within the buildings of the hospital and in the parking lots.
- Patrols the hospital, hospital grounds and parking lots so as to maintain a safe and secure environment.
- Identifies, reports and documents safety hazards and handles such irregularities as assigned by Security Shift Supervisor in a manner prescribed by hospital and department policy.
- Initiates investigations into incidents or activities of criminal nature and submits appropriate information to law enforcement agencies as directed.
- Assumes responsibility for proper inventory, pickup, transport and storage of patient valuables and after hour patient deposits.
- Maintains storage and records of lost, found and stolen property of visitors, patient and employees.
- Required for 2nd shift only: Participation in Security's Bike Patrol Program.
- Controls loud or disorderly patients or visitors and summons police to assist if necessary. Provides accurate directions, information and, if necessary, escort to the public.
- Provides traffic control, as needed.
- Operate required vehicle(s) in a safe manner to perform required duties of the position.
- Performs simple maintenance on parking lot equipment (i.e., clears personnel ticket dispensers, replaces broken gate arms).
- Assists with the movement of patients as requested by nursing staff.
- Performs mobile duties and patrol of hospital campus.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- High school degree or GED.
- 6-12 months security or police experience. Technical training (i.e., in law enforcement or police science) may be substituted for experience. Any equivalent background.
- Valid Iowa Driver’s/Chauffeurs License required, with accident free driving record for last three years and at least 18 years of age.
- Proof of current personal automobile insurance as required by Iowa law.
- Complete a one-hour Safe Driving Course within six (6) months of hire and complete a Safe Driving Review course every three years as provided by Mercy Medical Center.
Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 14 months ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996 t...