The Part Time Music Director for Shrine of the Sacred Heart Church will serve a multicultural parish and be responsible for the development and delivery of the total liturgical music program.
Job Responsibilities :
- Leads a choir and section leaders; including weekly rehearsals and recruiting, training and coaching choir members
- Prepares weekly order of worship and order of worship for Christmas, Holy Week, holy days of obligation, etc.
- Recruits, trains and coachs cantors
- Coordinates music for weddings and funerals (e.g. meets with family or couple and plans music, obtains soloists,etc.)
- Plays the organ and/or piano at three weekly Masses
- Must have excellent keyboard skills to play three manual Wicks organs and a piano
- Must have solid knowledge of Roman Catholic liturgical tradition and doctrine
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to engage and collaborate with staff members, parishioners, volunteers, and clergy.
The Archdiocese of Baltimore - 20 months ago