American Progress has an immediate opening for an Economic Research Assistant or Associate. The position is open to those with expertise or interest in economic policy, especially in the areas of labor-market policies, labor unions, retirement, and public opinion.
The position requires strong research, writing, and analytic abilities as well as an ability to effectively work with others on the Economic team and throughout the organization to provide assistance in the production of original research papers and the analysis of current and proposed policy.
- Support and conduct original research.
- Find relevant information and accurately synthesize it.
- Analyze quantitative data.
- Proofread and edit documents to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare economic data sets and public-opinion research for analysis.
- Draft articles, papers, charts, tables, and graphs.
- Maintain expertise in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Assist in the coordination and planning of meetings and events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical and research skills essential.
- Proven ability to perform quantitative analysis required.
- Accuracy in analysis of quantitative and qualitative data essential.
- Good writing skills.
- Knowledge of politics and policy.
- Ability to understand economic issues and communicate them effectively.
- Ability to work well within a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfort working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to multitask.
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with SPSS, STATA, or other statistical programs.
- Familiarity with economic policy.
American Progress provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, or related field and at least two years of professional experience and/or advance degree required.
- Legislative experience a plus.
- Non-profit, 501(c)(3), and 501(c)(4) experience a plus.
- Advanced data/statistical analysis required.
- Commitment to American Progress’s mission and goals required.
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org .
For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaaction.org .
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: email@example.com .
Or you may write to:
Center for American Progress
1333 H Street, NW, 10th Floor
Washington, DC 20005
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls please .
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.