What’s in it for you:
If you create your grocery list in Excel and give your family and friends tasks, timelines and milestones, we have the perfect spot for you. You’ll be the core of the data team – working with the Account Manager, Creative, Production and Data Processing. You’ll help us all stay on schedule and maintain the excellent quality of our data. We’ll depend on both your technical expertise and project management skills.
Hacker Group is a 200+ person digital/direct agency that serves brand-name clients nationwide and provides its employees with incredible growth opportunities. We have an accountable culture – one that generously rewards its successful teams. By revenue, we are the largest agency in Seattle and Advertising Age ranked us as the 26th largest direct marketing agency in the nation.
Benefits include health insurance, generous bonus and incentive programs, plus a company-matched 401(k) plan.
What you’ll do:
- Manage error-free creation of data for projects within specified time, resource and budget restrictions
- Develop instructions for the Data Processing department which includes conversion, merge purge, mail files, finder files, NCOA and any special data request instructions
- Translate needs of the client/account team into instructions for DP and for the production vendor (and vice-versa)
- Act as the information liaison between all groups within the company that use project data, so all groups will have the information they need to do their job correctly
- Offer solutions and alternatives when problems arise
- Recognize opportunities for and initiate improvements on workflow and processes
- Identify automation opportunities
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with other departments
- Negotiate schedules with internal departments and vendors
- Act as a data subject matter expert to account management team
- Develop and maintain program delivery schedules
- Develop reports to help build strategy
- QC data input and output
How to qualify:
- Bachelors degree in marketing, computer science, information technology or related discipline
- 5-10 years general business experience and 2-5 years as Data
- Processing Specialist or Technical Project Manager
- Proven ability to translate client strategy needs into semi-technical instructions for programmers, and the ability to translate technical/data information into understandable language for a client/account manager.
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, custom functions (like LOOKUPs), VBA, macros and addins.
- Preferred : Knowledge of how to perform basic SQL queries to get at metadata or manipulate data.
- : 1 or more years of experience programming and systems analysis in a relational database environment (like SQL/Oracle)
Preferred: Understanding of direct marketing data processing and/or production
- Enjoy problem-solving
- Manage many projects simultaneously and maintain highly organized work while working within pressured deadlines
- Foster collaboration among team members, other departments and vendors
- See the “big picture” and be proactive
- Share knowledge and skills with co-workers
- Motivate others to perform well
Apply for this job:
It is the policy of the Hacker Group to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. EOE/AA/M/D/V/F
- Apply for this job online
- Forward this job to a friend or colleague
HackerAgency, Inc. - 22 months ago