EchoStar is a billion dollar company with over 5,000 employees worldwide and more than 25 years of experience designing, developing and distributing award-winning television set-top boxes, services and related delivery products for television. EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and digital TV solutions that enhance today's home entertainment lifestyle. It’s wholly owned subsidiary, Hughes , is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband for home and office, delivering innovative network technologies and managed network services for enterprises and governments in more than 100 countries.
Among the many offerings of this combined powerhouse in broadband data and video are HughesNet ®, the market's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service; Sling Media's award-winning SlingLoaded ® technology; Move Networks' adaptive bit-rate streaming technology; and Troppus’ software suite that combines a Client Application, an Agent Application and a powerful Semantic Knowledge Management System and Blockbuster Digital.
EchoStar delivers satellite services through our network of full service digital broadcast centers located throughout the U.S. Our uplink sites support a 7/24/365 mission critical operation comprised of Earth Station Operations, Broadcast (Baseband) Engineering, Network Operations and the underlying Information Systems Engineering that drive all operations. Uplinks employ a broad range of technical professionals.
Our ideal candidates will have the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast-paced, on time deliverable environment. Due to operational requirements, candidates must be willing to work shifts. We look for individuals who possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and self-motivation, with the ability to work effectively both alone and as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Operates systems and performs technical quality control checks on selected A/V media. Proficient in all tasks of all junior positions
- Monitors on-air programming of both local and national broadcasters
- Performs technical quality control checks on a large Digital Broadcast Satellite system to ensure A/V media meets EchoStar standards
- Identifies, reviews and reposts service anomalies and outages, performing minor troubleshooting
- Troubleshoots problems involving the signal path, media, programming and logs.
- Responds to and validates customer complaints
- Follows escalations procedures for non-conforming media
- Documents technical discrepancies and reports problems to appropriate personnel
- Maintains logs and inputs date into established databases
- Validates customer complaints and provides response
- Proficient with character generators and on-air routers to provide customer messaging
- Assists with directing activities and team actions during crisis management situations
Benefits of the position
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating manuals, instructions and procedures
- Ability to use Microsoft Office computer tools to access emails, enter data, access databases, etc.
- Ability to remain calm in a high pressure situation
- High school diploma or GED
- Twelve months general work experience and/or 6-12 months experience in a broadcast environment.
- Prior audio and video or electronics experience desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Medical, Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending options and Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Training Opportunities
- FREE DISH Network Satellite TV System and Programming
- FREE Hughes Network Service
- 50% Discounts on Sling technology and service
- Corporate discounts for retail and personal travel
- Opportunity for a level of responsibility that could take years to reach in other companies
EchoStar - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
EchoStar provides satellite services for video transport and digital cinema distribution. Whether delivering multichannel digital services...