Bachelors Degree in Journalism, Communications, or Business with Marketing emphasis. Four to six years experience in communications is required. Experience with event planning and project management. Competent written and oral communication and strong organizational skills.
Primary Job Functions
Lead the continuous improvement of organizational communications through benchmarking, data driven analysis, research and adoption of best practices inside and outside of healthcare, and by monitoring the effectiveness of communication activities against plan objectives and budgets to ensure integration within PHS.
- Establish and implement an annual internal communication plan; including strategies, messages, objectives, measurements and a calendar of employee communications activities and integrate this plan with the PHS direction.
- Work with leaders to develop strategic communication plans for projects, programs and processes which clearly outline background/situation, objectives, audience(s), measures of success, and tactical communications.
- Execute the tactical plan using strategic communication approaches including the intranet, newsletters, emails, presentations, face-to-face and PHS vehicles.
- Write and develop employee communications to include speeches, organizational emails, talking points, intranet content and technical and process guides, and manage the process for gathering content, editing and securing approvals.
- Work closely with PHS leaders in responding to crises, workforce or organizational changes by recommending approaches and messages and developing communications and plans under tight deadlines. Make recommendations on how to best frame and position key issues.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard