Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Project Engineering
Job Title :
Senior Simulation Engineer - PMATS
Type of Position:
URS Corporation (www.urs.com) intends to be the contractor of choice to provide PMATS support
services with aircrew operational training (pilots and operators) including initial qualification training, mission qualification training, and continuation training.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 10 years experience with 5 years directly-related experience in flight simulation/Image Generation developing solutions that support military virtual training.
- Must have the ability to use 3D modeling tools to design, build, test and modify multiple aero models within a synthetic environment.
- At least 3 of the 10 years of experience working with 3D modelers to accurately replicate the control surfaces, performance, appearance and flight characteristics of multiple aircraft.
- Requires working knowledge of Word (word processing); Excel (spreadsheets); and Powerpoint (presentations).
- Experience using Presages tools, C, C++, Fortran, Java, Linux
- Must qualify for and maintain a government security clearance.
URS is seeking a Senior Simulation Engineer to provide support services for the Predator Mission Aircrew Training System (PMATS) in Las Vegas, Nevada. This opportunity is contingent upon award to URS of the Predator Mission Aircrew Training System(PMATS) contract, anticipated in March 2013.
- Overall Performance, Operational Management, Quality and Performance of the software / Image Generation solutions URS offers to our customers.
- Integrating solutions and developing system interfaces related to the virtual environment.
- Design, maintain, update and enhance real-time software, design, implement and test solutions for hardware and software.
- Design software upgrade and concurrency plans as well as the process to test, integrate and deliver software changes to multiple simulators in multiple locations.
- Work with DOD Subject Matter Experts to ensure software enhancements and solutions accurately model the operational characteristics of various aircraft.
- Identify and keep up to date on new simulation related technology.
- Design and Develop hardware and software solutions to best fit customer needs.
- Design and Develop visual solutions to support training system upgrades, re-hosts and manufacturing.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
URS Corporation is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; information technology; and decommissioning and closure services. URS provides services for power, infrastructure, industrial, oil and gas, and federal projects and programs. Headquartered in San Francisco, URS Corporation has more than 57,000 employees in a network of offices in nearly 50 countries (www.urs.com).
URS Corporation - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...