The Enchanted Care Learning Center is seeking to fill the position of Toddler Teacher. The ideal candidate will be able to create, manage and participate in a variety of learning environments and activities that provide opportunities for students to develop to their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives. He or she will also be able to participate collaboratively and professionally with other teachers and staff to promote the general well-being of the school, and collective/individual interest of its staff and student body.
- Implements early age curriculum in accordance with directives and guidelines.
- Provides weekly, age appropriate, lesson plans for review and plans appropriately required.
- Uses circle time and centers according to lesson plans and varies the instructional materials used.
- Assesses developmental needs of children and works to incorporate individual students' learning, physical and emotional needs.
- Maintains accurate and timely educational assessments and progress portfolios for all students assigned.
- Maintains ratios at all times, keeps attendance records of children throughout the day.
- Understands accountability for being a Mandated Reporter.
- Maintains a safe, clean and healthy environment and follows NLCI and state licensing standards. Communicates frequently and respectfully with children directly, in child-friendly tones and on their level.
- Ensures classroom management by setting rules and limits.
- Encourages students' positive self-image and supports individuality, independence, and creative expression.
- Implements recommendations from quality assurance process.
EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS:
- Two-year degree in Early Childhood Education or life experience equivalent. High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required; Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- Meets minimum preparation and experience required for certification as an Early Childhood Education Teacher. Complies with all state education and licensing standards, and maintains validation of credentials for the position (i.e. professional development).
- Two years of experience as an Early Childhood Education Teacher, in a licensed preschool or similar.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
COMMUNICATION & INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Creates a responsive and productive working relationship with parents, children, teachers, other staff and the local community through remaining accessible and communicating clearly and concisely.
- Utilizes technology to effectively communicate with staff, parents and the administrative team.
Nobel Learning Communities, Inc. - 2 years ago