Administrative Director - Medical Education
Requisition #: 72163
Status: Full-Time with Full-Time Benefits (40 Hours)
Business Unit: HF Hospital & Support Group
Department: G M E - ADMINISTRATIVE EXPENSE
Job Family: Education
Job Function: Leadership/Management
Campus/Job Location Henry Ford Hospital Detroit Campus
Location (State/City): US-MI-Detroit
Our health system thrives on teamwork, and we know our employees achieve the greatest results when they are working together for a common goal - to provide care for our patients. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment then we have a job for you!
Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is one of the nation's leading comprehensive, integrated health systems. It provides health insurance and health care delivery, including acute, specialty, primary and preventive care services backed by excellence in research and education. Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford, the health system is committed to improving the health and well-being of a diverse community. HFHS is a tobacco-free organization.
Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a Michigan not-for-profit corporation managed by Chief Executive Officer Nancy M. Schlichting.
Henry Ford Health System is the proud recipient of the 2011 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award for Performance Excellence and Innovation!
- Henry Ford Medical Group is one of the nation's largest group practices with 1,200 physicians and researchers in 40 types of specialty care
- More than 24,000 total HFHS employees, equivalent to 19,922 full-time employees (2011)
- 5,168 HFHS nurses, including 332 from Canada (2011)
- 3,965 HFHS allied health professionals (2011)
- 5 hospitals in southeast Michigan and 30 medical centers
- Over 1700 clinically integrated physicians within the Henry Ford Physician Network, a physician-led subsidiary, comprising the Henry Ford Medical Group and HFHS hospital (employed and private practice physicians).
- Fifth-largest employer in metro Detroit, Michigan with strong ties to the communities HFHS services
- To improve human life through excellence in the science and art of health care and healing.
- Transforming lives and communities through health and wellness - one person at a time.
To learn more please visit www.henryford.com.
Henry Ford Health System seeks a highly organized individual with management experience to provide integrated administrative leadership to allopathic educational training programs for medical students, residents and fellows at Henry Ford Hospital (HFH). In collaboration with System leadership, the hospital's Designated Institutional Official (DIO) and Program Directors, the ADME identifies and implements strategies to address programmatic goals while meeting the requirements of accrediting and other agencies. Reports to the HFHS Administrative Director of Medical Education (System ADME).
- The ADME directs a staff of four in the day-to-day operation of the hospital medical education office which also serves as the personnel office for house officers.
- Provides and/or oversees staff support to the Graduate and Undergraduate Medical Education Committees (UGMEC and GMEC).
- Drafts and implements policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership in the selection, implementation and use of electronic residency information management systems.
- Monitors compliance with and changes in accreditation requirements; maintains institutional and program accreditation documentation.
- Assists with the preparation for internal reviews and accreditation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Healthcare, or related field.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- Five years of recent experience in hospital management or leadership.
- Three years of recent medical education experience preferred.
- Previous experience in medical staff development, recruitment and medical education interactions.
- Previous experience with psychosocial components of physician training.
- Previous experience planning, developing, and monitoring budgets, as well as experience in developing operational plans.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight/height, marital status, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Henry Ford Health System - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Built around a hospital founded by Detroit's favorite son, the not-for-profit Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a hospital network...